Option Five DE Razor

Hard to say, especially as their website is still down. I bought mine when they came out, but I don't use it much: I've decided I like adjustables, and the option five is too mild for me.
I dropped it shortly after buying it, and it flew apart. The whole thing is held together with two tiny screws that thread into the casting.The threads in the casing were stripped after falling onto the floor in the bathroom, and I had to glue it back together :eek: Very bad engineering...
I wouldn't buy one again after seeing how they're put together, and in the end it's just another zamak razor, but dressed up in a pretty frock :D
Decide for yourself :)
Here ya go: http://theshavingroom.co.uk/community/index.php?threads/dont-drop-your-optionfive.41545/

Last edited:
Thank you for the information GuitarTech. It looks like I did not miss anything.

I bought one when it came out, and had to tighten up the screws to solve a "movement" problem.
Usually I'm not very keen on innovative or modernised DE razors, but this, for me, shaves well. I'd say it's about a medium on the aggression scale.
Given @GuitarTech 's unfortunate experience, I've taken care not to drop it.

Funny business all round. I like mine, and I thought they were doing OK. Somewhere, perhaps, is a stash of gold razor blades; maybe on a rusting goods train in an abandoned tunnel "somewhere in Europe".

Back
Top Bottom