Option Five DE Razor

What goes around comes around, and yesterday was Day Three Blade Chuck for my Blackbird. Musing on which DE razor to haul out and load up next, my eye fell upon the black box with "Option Five" on the lid.
I stuck one of those "Viking Sword" blades (Israeli, I think) in it, and had a go this Christmas Eve morning.
With P&B Sanskrit, and a 400-style synthetic, I'd quite forgotten how good this razor actually is. For me, it's that ideal combination of a little bit of "feel", no pressure needed and downright efficiency. Two passes, and the job's done.
As they seem to be a thing of the past, I will look after this one, and, if possible, try to avoid breaking it (a la @GuitarTech).

P.S. I still have the golden blade that came with it, but I wonder what became of the shedloads of those I thought we were in line for.

Time rolls on, and it became the turn of my OptionFive razor to see some more action.

I stuck a Rapira Swedish Supersteel in it, lathered up some Nanny's (which, I can't immediatey say, as the label's fallen off the tin), and applied same with a metal-handled Razorock 400 synthetic. This is one of my favourite soap and brush alliances.

I can say that, for me, the OptionFive shaves as well as any razor I've got, and better than most. In performance, it's up there with Standard, Timeless and some other top razors. I'm not sure what its secret ingredient is, and, as a bit of a traditionalist, I'm still not too smitten by the Space Age looks but, by gosh, it does the job.

I don't suppose anyone has word of where this will-o'-the-wisp razor maker has gone to? More to the point, I want to know where the stash of golden razor blades may be.

Back
Top Bottom