PAA Fasan Slant clone

Blade loading on a Fasan (and any other slant for that matter is childsplay), hold the top cap, insert lade and whilst securing the end tabs with the finger and thumb push the centre of the blade down thus making it conform to the torqued shape. Pop on the baseplate and add the handle. This eliminates the stress on the handle and thread's and lines the blade with the top cap nicley.

Blade loading on a Fasan (and any other slant for that matter is childsplay), hold the top cap, insert lade and whilst securing the end tabs with the finger and thumb push the centre of the blade down thus making it conform to the torqued shape. Pop on the baseplate and add the handle. This eliminates the stress on the handle and thread's and lines the blade with the top cap nicley.
Yes I agree, this is how I load my Merkur slant and never had any problems.

Thanks for the tip. I tried it right after reading your advice and it worked. Slants like the Merkur that doesn't torque the blade extremely is not a problem, but the later designs like the Wunderbar, Superlite, and PAA like to torque the blade extremely, and this does make it hard to load. Added to that, the screw stem of the PAA is short, so screwing the handle on is hard even after your tip.

Got mine today. Theres some obvious differences to the Fasan, but overall the design of the head matches pretty nice. Grip is different though. Will try it lter this week or next week, got the two Stirling slants today as well and have to choose.

Had my first shave with it and can only say WOW! Absolutely marvelous razor. Beats the RR37 and iKon X3 hands down. Don't know yet how it compares to the Stirlings and the Maggard, or the Wunderbar which is stll at customs.
Only drawback: the head still had some membrane between the teeth. Easily removed of course, so not a problem.
Here's some pics of the PAA in black, with a Fasan Nr1 for comparison:
DSC05641.JPG

DSC05642.JPG

DSC05643.JPG

Using this now for a week on the stock handle (white one of course) on a bed of Boots soap stick lather.

Only tried it with one blade (Gillette Wilikinson) but I can see it used as a 3 times a week shaver, definitely efficient, more than the 37c which is the only other slant in my draw.

Feels nice on the skin, no tugging with a steep angle. If you like BBS it's certainly an easy way of getting there. Mind you I avoid ATG so there is a potential for a dolphin smooth shave.

cons: As there is zero blade gap the lather has no where to go so more often rinsing is needed but this is a small issue.
Will see next week how it does with some Rusky blades.

Back
Top Bottom