Active Pass Around: Fatboy

Francorelli said:
It looks like it's me next. I'm happy to take custody of the Fat fella if jimbofett doesn't respond :icon_smile:

Hiya,

If it's been more than a week since trying to contact jimbo, I'd say you're up then. I'll adjust the list as needed when he shows up later. Thanks for keeping it going Billy.

Martin

Sorry chaps

This must have got a bit messed up

I had a go in the summer passed it on in august

After my trial i ended up buying one from max so all you people who want to try BEWARE

Fatboy has arrived, thanks Billy and Martin :icon_smile:

It's a great looker, heavy and chunky, just the way I like my razors. Now let's see how this bad boy competes with my favourite vintage Gillette - the Red tip Superspeed...

Can I add myself to the list? I have also added myself to the other passaround (Fatboy/Slim/Black Beauty) thread, though, so if that comes through first I'll remove myself from this one.

Ken

Ken T M said:
Can I add myself to the list? I have also added myself to the other passaround (Fatboy/Slim/Black Beauty) thread, though, so if that comes through first I'll remove myself from this one.

Ken

Ticket now purchased for this ride.....

dodgy said:
Ken T M said:

Ken

Ticket now purchased for this ride.....

Given that I'm now likely to own a fatboy (albeit one in mediocre nick) before this passaround reaches me, please remove me from the list.

I may be starting my own passaround in a month or so. I'll post more on the other thread in due course.

Hi
May I please be invited to the ball? After a few early lost battles with my Vision I would love to see how the legendary Fatboy compares with it now i have a reasonable technique.
By the way Ken T Man i note you want to try Penhaligon's soap- I have an unused Blenheim Bouquet which i bought as a pair from ebay a few weeks ago ( the name obliterated for some legal reason ) . I am using one as part of my rotation , lovely smell ,reasonable lather but you are welcome to have the spare if you pm me with your address. I dont need anything in exchange except you to cross your fingers for the Mighty Whites when they play Arsenal on Monday
Thanks
Neal

neal said:
Hi
May I please be invited to the ball? After a few early lost battles with my Vision I would love to see how the legendary Fatboy compares with it now i have a reasonable technique.

Thanks
Neal

Now on the board. Yeah, this model razor's worth a serious look after getting the whole technique thingy down. My personal recommendation is dialing it to a miler side #3-4 and loading up a Feather blade. Usually those blades are just too sharp for me, but not in this case.

Martin

Right, I'm all done with the Fatboy now and it will be posted on to Shamreez tomorrow.

Many thanks to Martin for the opportunity to wrestle this particular ape off my back :icon_biggrin:. It took a while to find the best blade/setting for me, but once I did it proved to be a wonderful tool. I got the best results with a Feather on 9 - it never felt aggressive, just super-smooth.

I don't think it has quite toppled the mighty Red tip Superspeed from top-spot in my vintage rotation, but it comes a very close second. I certainly prefer it to any other vintage Gillette I've tried (which includes various Techs, Superspeeds, #58, New, and Slim adjustable).

Got the fatty today..

Even before using it I have fallen in love with it so I am kind of sure I would start the hunt for one after I try it out.

Can Drolly please pm me his address so that I can pass it on to him after trying it out for some time

cheers
Shamreez

Drroly is officially the next on the list but he has not been on the forum since Dec '11, so we can probably pass him by.

The next on the list is Goody54321 who hasn't been around since 15th Feb, so it may be worth missing him out until he reappears.

That means the list would remain as

Shanky887614
Neal
KrisH

All the above have been active within the last 24 hours. So it probably makes sense for it to go to Shanky887614 next.

Back
Top Bottom