Closed Pass Around: Merkur Slant list (enchanted)

Pass Around: Merkur Slant list (enchanted)

simmo3801 said:
The slant arrived with me a few days ago so again thanks to everyone involved in setting this up and in keping it going.

My first shave was rushed as I was running late for work so I thought a 2 pass shave would suffice as it would be closer than my normal 2 pass with a Weber. I have to say I felt a little disappointed as I could still feel stubble on my face. However my second run with it yesterday I had more time so had my usual 3 pass and was impressed. I normally do WTG, XTG then XTG in the opposite direction on my face and a combination of ATG and diagonally XTG on my neck. It gives me a close shave but I can still feel small areas of stubble where I can't go ATG. With the slant After the 3rd pass I felt completely BBS all over. I'm not sure if I could use this on a daily basis but I may buy one..........

Hey fella, I have one and its definitely not a daily. It's more of once in a while if I've let my fluff grow for a few days. It only like my face when it has lots of hair to mow down.

Hi Matt, yes it was a 2 day groth for my 2nd shave with it so I would agree it works better with more growth. I'll hang off whilst I try some different blades in the Weber as I haven't got past the Astras yet! The only other thing that put me off a bit is the head looked almost plastic like, I much prefer a heavier stainless razor these days. I'll PM AGIO and send it on to him in the next few days as I won't have internet for the rest of the week now.

simmo3801 said:
Hi Matt, yes it was a 2 day groth for my 2nd shave with it so I would agree it works better with more growth. I'll hang off whilst I try some different blades in the Weber as I haven't got past the Astras yet! The only other thing that put me off a bit is the head looked almost plastic like, I much prefer a heavier stainless razor these days. I'll PM AGIO and send it on to him in the next few days as I won't have internet for the rest of the week now.

The slant arrived this afternoon, I'll have a bash with it tomorrow and report back :icon_razz:

The slant will be on its way this week to Tim B. I only managed to use it twice due to an operation on my neck. The second shave took off 3 days heavy growth with ease after 3 very smooth passes. I'll buy one now but still use the EJ89 if I'm shaving every day

Hi, I hope you had a good holiday, and you are recovering from the operation (I had a minor op on my neck not long ago).

I look forward to the slant.

Tim B.

Tim B said:
Hi, I hope you had a good holiday, and you are recovering from the operation (I had a minor op on my neck not long ago).

I look forward to the slant.

Tim B.

Hi yes a good holiday thanks. I had a lump removed from my neck, just below my right ear. Its been a bit tricky shaving but the stitches are out now so I'm ok thanks.
I enjoyed using the slant and will buy one, finish not as good as the EJ but a very effective razor.The slant is on its way :)

Tim B said:
I used the slant this afternoon, and is the first time I've ever used one. It was a very mild and smooth shave, not as fearsome as I expected.

I'm convinced their bad reputation is due to people not realising that the blade can misalign, so it can be harsh, but a bit of adjustment sorts it. I always describe it as being efficient rather than aggressive.

Next on the list for the Merkur 37c slant bar razor is:

Tony T
Simon - Scswalex
Paul - p.b

I'll be posting the razor on to Tony T in early June. I've put in a brand new tube of N Spa face scrub (in return for some of the blades). It is very mild to use and fragrance free. I've also put in some Crabtree & Evelyn sienna shaving cream.

There is also a sample of D R Harris Arlington shaving cream, and a phial of D R Harris aftershave.

And around 40 razor blades including an unopened pack of 10 English made vintage 7 o'clock blades. I used a loose one and it shaved really well.

Reading this thread from beginning to (current) end has inspired me to order the 39C!!
Most places seem to be out of stock so I think I'm not the only one doing this!
Nik

The Merkur 39C Slant that I ordered landed from Ireland yesterday.

I was surprised its length isn't too much more than my EJ DE89 Barley! Bit more weight though. It's very easily handled, nice grip.

I tried it out this morning and can honestly say that it's the closest and smoothest shave I've ever had! Well pleased!
Nik

Back
Top Bottom