Personal torture

ok so just to torment my self, and just in case there is any body who dont know me, this is my razor colection, this is the DE razor's (exept the type G )
20120516175.jpg
in the tin's are the razor blades, feather, and wilkinson sword, and in this draw is the Rolls Razor's, and straight razor's, and other boxes
20120516176.jpg

belive me, I did have a rotation but thats all shot to hell now, its more what ever I want to use, and when ever I fancy,or a lucky dip *nice*

chrisbell said:
I actually love Palmolive cream, and find it almost lathers itself, even with my very hard water.

Yes I am impressed with the cream also, it's surprising at that price, I wasn't expecting much at all, but it works even with the wilko brush.I will be using my Kent BK2 brush with the boots razor and the cream tomorrow, to be fair to both the soap stick, and the cream,I dont think they are getting a fair crack of the whip, with the cheaper wilko brush so hopefully both should lather much better with a much better brush.

JohnnyO said:
With a gr8 collection like that,should you not have put yourself through this at Lent, or some other time of self punishment John.

JohnnyO. \:angel:

I know it's totally horrible to do all this, but strangely interesting to see the other side of life without the interweb,all the razors in both draws was purched off the interweb flee bay in particular, so far the shop offerings aren't that bad ,they get the job done, hopefully with a little customisation and some improvements it should be possible to get a good shave out of them, and save money, and that would attract more new people to our way of thinking.... Hopefully

And now the Boots DE Razor
20120517178.jpg

I was amused with the handle this morning, I dig the way the plastic handle retains air, and bobs out of the water like a hard on, in the bath, :icon_razz: Ok thats enough of that, Whats it like to shave with?...... It's verry good I gives a good acount of itself, and shaves closer than the wilkinson sword, Its a better de shaving expreance out of the two razors, the Boots one would be my choice, but lifes not that simple now is it! Both razors will shave better with better blades/ creams, and as for the wilkinson sword brush, It will do to start with, but should be ditched at the first oppertuinaty, for a badger brush because what ever soap or cream you buy, you want to get the max out of it.The palmolive cream works much better with a badger brush. And no my kent BK2 brush wasnt from the interweb it was brought from John Lewis at bluewater for £35, and some some Taylor's sandlewood cream for £9.70p. so some luxury is obtainable buy just walking in to a shop, with a debit card, or cash. But the world is small, nasty, and complacated, and most people die alone. So what do you want? If you simply want to have a go, but dont want to progress with a DE razor ever, then buy the Wilkinson sword.But if you do have asprations with DE razors, but dont have much money then buy the Boots De razor,It gives you a taste of what de wet shaving is all about, with out braking the bank. The trouble with my post is by the time most people have found there way to TSR, this will be like a vietnam flash back, complete a 1000 yard stare ,with a nervus twitching eyelid. The one thing that Both razors have in comon with each other, is they can with care, turn a tidy proffit agenst the big name cartridge razor's, whitch could prompt a dip into a difrent world alltogether hopefully:icon_rolleyes:

Love it.

Slightly confused though. You liked the boots razor, but still recommended the wilki for people who won't ever want to change. Surely if the boots gives a better shave its the boots that wins across the board?

I checked to see what the Boots DE looked like with a blade inserted. It looked pretty aggressive to me - the blade edge was quite exposed. So I'll save that for another day. But I may use the Boots DE comb in my Merkur OC razor to see how it fairs as there should be a better balance in the razor overall.

cruciate said:
Love it.

Slightly confused though. You liked the boots razor, but still recommended the wilki for people who won't ever want to change. Surely if the boots gives a better shave its the boots that wins across the board?

If you want to look at it from that angle,then yes the boots razor is the winner, but you have to rember that some people just don't care about shaving at all it's a "mow the lawn thing" with them ,and that's why the separate path thing was decided .I Know it's not conclusive as such but it could help some body hatch a plan of sorts, like I said about the world is compclated, people like to make up there own minds

Tim B said:
I checked to see what the Boots DE looked like with a blade inserted. It looked pretty aggressive to me - the blade edge was quite exposed. So I'll save that for another day. But I may use the Boots DE comb in my Merkur OC razor to see how it fairs as there should be a better balance in the razor overall.

My thin handle tech is like that with the blade to be honest,and I have only cut my self once ,on the nose, and even that was my wife's fult ,she called me and I turned my head round and slice, bleed,ouch, *bitch*

If you want I'll piff the boots razor to you ,so you both could try it out?

theranger2000 said:
That's a fine collection you have their John , looks like I've got a long way to go on the hardware front !!

Steve

Thanks Steve ,but its quiet small compared to some people's in hear,I colect to use and to look at,I will be getting some more straights next year hopefully,as if my collection will ever stop growing:angel:

Ok first up the Boots razor's hardon in the bath look ( just for your personal amusment )
20120518184.jpg
So lets crank this up a notch, razor's change caristics when you give them good qulaity blades, soaps, creams, so now I want to see how good these two can become with such things, and this means getting the interweb involved, "WHAT"!!!!!!!!!!!! Well its a natrual progression anyways, and my face is fucking going through a world of shit, and in true TSR tradition my post is going to go all top gear. So I shaved with the two razors this morning loded with feather blades, and well look for your self
20120518183.jpg

Shaving half my face with both, the Boots razor is far to agressive with that blade but that don't mean that its crap,it just don't dig that blade, so a wilkinson blade should work much better than the Boots blade, but will be buying a pack of the persona blades today from asda, to try out in both tomorrow, now for the super star, the wilkison, It loves the feather blades, and the shave is changed to near perfection with no drag, just a fantastic shave, no nicks, no cuts, just a more plesent shave, so the *plastic pig* has scored a goal at last, so with the help of the interweb good things can happen, it will be intresting to see what happens with the Boots razor tomorow as I will try a wilkinson and the persona blades. Got to go now, the wife wants to go shopping, so if I don't stop typing she is going to brake my fingers. Have a nice friday.

Went to asda
p5181815.jpg

to buy the personna blades, got home and had me a look at them, can you spot the differance?.................the blades are the same, the blade wrappers are the same, the blade boxes are the same.
The blades on the right are from Boots, and the blades on the left are from asda, and are from Israel the only aparrent difrence is the shade of the blade picture, and the thickness of the picture card, the one from Boots is a flimsey card, and the other card is a bit thicker. So one can assume that the boots blades are personna blades. And no I dont have any intention of useing them, probably will piff them later.

If ever an unsung hero deserved the "Taking One for the Team" award it's surely John, whom I hereby nominate for the 2012 prize.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

JohnnyO said:
If ever an unsung hero deserved the "Taking One for the Team" award it's surely John, whom I hereby nominate for the 2012 prize.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

"Thank you kind sir" What do you think of the razor blades? The personna 10 pack in asda £1.89
for the same thing in Boots,just repackaged £2.55
A rip off in the making if there ever was one!

Back
Top Bottom