Personal torture

tuftey said:
have you tried wilkinsons lazers a whole new level of bad

No, are they face rippers? Do they shave like a broken glass bottle? Or are they like shaving with rusty garden shears? Do tell ......

I thought the best description of the Lazers was by another TSR member and went something to the effect of "Silver painted balsa wood". Apologies to the original poster as I forget who it was.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

JohnnyO said:
I thought the best description of the Lazers was by another TSR member and went something to the effect of "Silver painted balsa wood". Apologies to the original poster as I forget who it was.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

Silver painted balsa wood,sounds interestingly nasty. Who ever posted the description,we thank you with kindness, it sounds like a pritty bad ride around the face,some blades are best avoided like the plage, and with a dicription like that I think we will do the same.

This mornings shave with the Boots DE razor
p5191817.jpg

When I shave with my razors, I put the max effort, and I expect my razors to do the same,and to be totaly honist the boots razor just ain't , you put some quallity blades, creams it way, and yes the shave improves but still it drags it's feet! the wilkinson sword blade improves the shave but not enough to give glowing prase
and that angers me . I had high hopes for the Boots razor but some things in life, just don't respond that well to the nicer things in life, and on my face it just aint happening. Boots have missed a golden oppertuinaty with this razor to attack wilkinson sword from the flank, but have fucked up BIG time, by geting some body else to make it, and trying to just sit back and rake in the cash, and as for the Boots/personna rip off what can I say about that............thinking........still thinking.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................nope can't do it with out abuse EAT......SHIT.....COCK............ SUCKERS..... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. So now the problem is,and was thinking about this most of last night, going back to the point of this post is can you just walk in to a shop with money, or a plastic card, and walk out with a DE razor? yes you can, but here is the kick in the nuts, out of the two razors, the plastic wilkinson sword is still your best bet. WHAT THE FUCK???? I hear you think! look at it like this, if you will, when starting wet shaving, the razor must work, and respond well to all the soaps,creams, blades that you try with out fear of ripping your face to bits + be liveable, it has to work, or your going to be put off, and go back to the cartridge razor. The boots razor is going to put people off, just because its not going to grow with you, it's just not good enough + the simple fact.... Money, you need something to use whilst you save up your dosh, to get better shaving equipment. The Wilkinson sword has behaved its self like a gentleman, I know that I said I would recomend the Boots razor to start propper DE shaving with, but I would like to withdraw that, if I may:blush:, and say that the Wilkinson sword classic should be the one to start you off with DE shaving. I know its plastic but when a auto pistol called a glock turnd up, people said the same thing "but the frame is plastic, so its crap then" but that didn't stop the glock from becoming one of the most trusted auto pistols of all time now did it!!! have a nice saturday people.

Shave number 5. I want to go back to the palmolive shave stick, at £0.49p it's far to good to miss out on, but I just dont dig the stick, so I put it in a soap bowl, but the first atempt went badly and looked like an ailian's brain, see for your self
p5191821.jpg

so I have been proding it with a sharp stick for a few days, I think it's dead. Re mashed the brain and went much better, ready for shaving.....
p5201826.jpg

The shave went verry nice, BSS, WTG, the wilkinson sword razor is a gentleman. The soap is outstanding at £0.49p, and my Thiers Issard brush is a badger brush it's nothing fantastic, but is a every day brush, and costs £37.00, and gives a good acount of its self with soap's and creams, and is two years old, and is still in fantastic condition, so that was money well spent, I like the palmolive soap, it's nice, and as I suspected it was the personna blades making my face raw, and not the soap, once you get used to your own face and beard you start to know what's what, my beard is thick and nasty, but with easly irritated skin, so for me a good quilaty sharp blade is essential for a smooth and perfect shave, so the personna blades for me...no thanks . tomrow its the Boots razor, with the palmolive soap and a wilkinson sword blade should be fun..... Have a nice sunday

Interesting. So a shit razor is still a shit razor even with good blades?
I guess this makes sense. But I thought my boots DE was crap because of the persona blades.
I had planned on using it on holiday, but now I'm thinking I'll not.
Thanks again for torturing yourself so we don't have to.

cruciate said:
Interesting. So a shit razor is still a shit razor even with good blades?
I guess this makes sense. But I thought my boots DE was crap because of the persona blades.
I had planned on using it on holiday, but now I'm thinking I'll not.
Thanks again for torturing yourself so we don't have to.

The last thing you want,is to be stuck far away from home with a razor you don't like, all your holliday photos will have you with a beard or a fucked up face, and in the years that pass you will rember that , not a focus point you want to have,try the willky one, and see how you get on with it, you can always have my one if you like?

Thanks for the offer, but to get the wilki off you would mean an end to this epic journey you are taking us on! :p

I do have an alternative, a ?weishi? that I'm going to experiment with and see if I can find a blade that gets it up to holiday standard. So far I'm failing, but I was going to ditch it for the boots de. I'll persevere with the weishi.

cruciate said:
Thanks for the offer, but to get the wilki off you would mean an end to this epic journey you are taking us on! :p

I do have an alternative, a ?weishi? that I'm going to experiment with and see if I can find a blade that gets it up to holiday standard. So far I'm failing, but I was going to ditch it for the boots de. I'll persevere with the weishi.
Fair enough,but I am down to the last 2 shaves so if nothing doing with the then just ask ,and its yours my good man.

Thanks dude. Holidays are in 10 days. I have Astras and a Gillette 7 yellows to try in the Weishi. From what I've read its too mild a razor for tough ol' beards and prefers a sharper blade.
It was only £7 with a travel case, so I'm not gonna throw a strop if its poo. Frankly if it fails I'm taking the EJ DE89.

Incidently, I'm confused on your palmolive pushed into bowl.
My palmolives are light green. Yours looks white???

Taking a good razor with you,wise,very wise. As for the soap you've got a good point on that,the camera has made it look that way, has changed colour from the light ish green,to a light perl green funky.:icon_eek:

this morning's boots razor shave, but first up the Boots razor's hard on in the bath look
20120521186.jpg

and now the shaving equipment........

20120521185.jpg

this Boots razor has at FUCKING LAST, HAS GOT A GOAL, a near perfect shave I, could do a mexican wave, but I am by my self,so I don't think I'll bother. The setup for my face with this razor is, a wilkinson sword blade, palmolive shaving soap in a bowl, my thiers issard brush, geo.f.trumper skin food to finish. So it can shave nice, shame I had to draw on my knowledge, to get there in the first place, and that's something somebody new, just don't have! Do I forgive it for rapeing my face?..............................................................................................................................................NO! The Boots blades oops sorry, the personna blades, Just don't work for me, somebody else may have better luck with them however, One more shave tomrow, And Its going to be the Boots razor and with the kent BK2 brush, that way nothing will be used from the internet. But can I atchive what I set out to do in the first fucking place? walk into a shop and buy a DE razor for little as possable money ,and get a good shave, will find out tomorow morning............
have a nice as poss, monday.

So the last shave of my personal torture, but first up for the last time the Boots razor's hardon in the bath look.......
20120522190.jpg

and now the equipment with no internet used.......
20120522189.jpg

And now the shave, OUTSTANDING, BSS WTG. Yesterdays shave lasted the full 9 hours, and todays will probably do the same. so I have compleated what I set out to do, Just walk into a shop and buy a DE razor with little money, and use it! But ripping my face to bits at the same time, so it got a little personal with the Boots razor. So my personal torture/hell is over so now I have to sum up don't I?
First up the wilkinson sword classic, this razor is a perfect gentleman, never once failing to do the job, its a simple two part razor so it's easy to get on with, and responds well to soaps, and creams and just works, so if you are new to DE shaving on a low budget, then you cant go far wrong with it, just use a new quilaty blade and you should have no problems.
Next up the Boots De razor, it looks like a Gillette 3000 but it's just a copy of one, and who would have thought that the Boots Blades are just personna blades, just repackedged at a rip off price!!!! (nice try Boots you have been un masked, and I will not stand for it, ripping of my razor comuinity frends!!!!!) If you want to try a DE razor in the old school way, but dont want to spend a lot of money, then get the boots razor just try the boots/personna blades and if your happy, then go to ASDA to get the personna blades for less money, If you do get the boots razor then you had better start thinking out of the box, this razor is a DE razor but raw, it's totaly possable to get a good shave with it, but your gonner have to work at it, so don't miss judge it for a second!
the palmolive cream I like, it it works nicly, and it's a good price.
The palmolive soap, once I had got it into a bowl I was happy, nothing wrong with the stick, it's just how I like lathering my soaps is all, fantastic soap at just£0.49p and if you aint tryed it then, shame on you!
and now the wilkinson sword brush.......
20120515172.jpg

sorry but are going to need a badger brush, it's the only way to get all old school razors to work,I know it's an expence that you want to ad void, but you need it so get saving your money, If you get a drip stand and let it air dry, and give it a wash with shampoo once a week, it will last for years.
What has this taught me? It's given me a chance to look through difrent eyes, somebody who wants to give our world a bash, just to feel what their grandad's shaved with. hopefully they love the challenge, it's the old school of knocks, but that's part of the fun, yes your gonner bleed like a pig but that won't last long, your skills will get better and then you will discover the joy of wet shaving.......this is me fresh from the blade.............
20120522192.jpg

have a good tuesday :angel:

John said:
ok so I couldent dicide between the boots or the wilkinson sword classic, so have got both with some palmolive shaving cream
20120515173.jpg

pictured so you know what to look out for
first impressions of the boots DE razor, well its cheap and I do love the bendy plastic handle, but some people have said some good things about it so see how it shaves.
the wilkinson sword classic, once again plastic but with a mettle core in the handle,so will be an intresting shave.
the cost.....
the boots DE razor £3.79 sold with 5 blades
the wilkinson sword classic £4.16 sold with 5 blades
the palmolive shaving stick £0.49p
the palmolive shaving cream £2.03p
the wilkinson sword brush £3.99p
so the cost is still pretty low I have noticed that ASDA sell personna DE blades in a pack of 10 for £1.89 (made in israel)
so tomrow morning let my personal hell begin then.... ah I should point out that I did walk into John lewis and buy a Kent BK2 brush and some tayolr's sandlewood shaving cream a while back, so some nice things are avalable(not that somebody new to DE shaving will know that)
The Wilkinson Classic is a pretty smooth shaver. I have tried one shave with one. Cheaply made and light, but you probably will not get nicked. I had more trouble putting the blade in and cutting myself than with the shaving.

lindyhop66 said:
John said:
ok so I couldent dicide between the boots or the wilkinson sword classic, so have got both with some palmolive shaving cream
20120515173.jpg

pictured so you know what to look out for
first impressions of the boots DE razor, well its cheap and I do love the bendy plastic handle, but some people have said some good things about it so see how it shaves.
the wilkinson sword classic, once again plastic but with a mettle core in the handle,so will be an intresting shave.
the cost.....
the boots DE razor £3.79 sold with 5 blades
the wilkinson sword classic £4.16 sold with 5 blades
the palmolive shaving stick £0.49p
the palmolive shaving cream £2.03p
the wilkinson sword brush £3.99p
so the cost is still pretty low I have noticed that ASDA sell personna DE blades in a pack of 10 for £1.89 (made in israel)
so tomrow morning let my personal hell begin then.... ah I should point out that I did walk into John lewis and buy a Kent BK2 brush and some tayolr's sandlewood shaving cream a while back, so some nice things are avalable(not that somebody new to DE shaving will know that)
The Wilkinson Classic is a pretty smooth shaver. I have tried one shave with one. Cheaply made and light, but you probably will not get nicked. I had more trouble putting the blade in and cutting myself than with the shaving.

Oops that's a good point, using DE razors means handling razor blades ,so pratice makes perfect, the wilkinson is a easy razor to get used to,I found it verry difficult to hack my self with it, I just put the blade on the top and then put the top on ans screw it down ( with fingers on the ends of course otherwise bleeding time)

Back
Top Bottom