Post Your Daily Workout

Usual is a good 45 minute march and run up a local hill at the end. In the evening I'll do 80 press ups, 75 hand grips with a 200lb gripper, 60 squats (weight free & on my tiptoes), 60 sit ups, 42 leg raises, 600 calf lifts and a few mighty farts! That's an every day habit these days. Add in the usual gardening and wood carving, axe chopping and child lifting, I reckon I'm keeping active enough. Shed 6 stone in the last 2 years so getting there. Cannae keep up wi' ye youngsters, though....o_O

50 laps front crawl (25m pool)
Started back on an app (android) called impossible abs, highly recommend it obviously don't push it too far. So 15 minutes of that.
Evening= another 25 laps of the pool front crawl followed by the jacuzzi, steam and a shave.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Usual is a good 45 minute march and run up a local hill at the end. In the evening I'll do 80 press ups, 75 hand grips with a 200lb gripper, 60 squats (weight free & on my tiptoes), 60 sit ups, 42 leg raises, 600 calf lifts and a few mighty farts! That's an every day habit these days. Add in the usual gardening and wood carving, axe chopping and child lifting, I reckon I'm keeping active enough. Shed 6 stone in the last 2 years so getting there. Cannae keep up wi' ye youngsters, though....o_O
That's actually a very good training routine for fruitful results friend. :)

50 laps front crawl (25m pool)
Started back on an app (android) called impossible abs, highly recommend it obviously don't push it too far. So 15 minutes of that.
Evening= another 25 laps of the pool front crawl followed by the jacuzzi, steam and a shave.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
@Nishy some of my friends are doing the impossible abs with great results it's very effective, stay with it buddy!
happy088.gif

Only 20 mins juggling with the practice balls last night, I slept on the bad shoulder the night before and that is (still) a bad thing. I've a feeling it's going to be one of those injuries that hangs around when you are middle aged :(

Oh and I followed one of Gairdners fitness tips and finished with a few trumps of doom...

Only 20 mins juggling with the practice balls last night, I slept on the bad shoulder the night before and that is (still) a bad thing. I've a feeling it's going to be one of those injuries that hangs around when you are middle aged :(

Oh and I followed one of Gairdners fitness tips and finished with a few trumps of doom...
I've struggled with an old shoulder injury on and off for the past 20yrs, they linger. I remedy it by going with lower weight and higher reps till it backs off some.

Nerve impingements are funny things - I can climb with it, I can lift with it but I've had to change how I swim breaststroke and I can't do dips (they were at least partly to blame for it in the first place). The main trigger are leaning the point of my shoulder against a wall etc. or sleeping on it. The battle is to keep it moving and build the muscle up without setting it off again. My muscles atrophied down to the bone in less than a month last time.

I had to ease off the bouldering due to elbow pain. It was interfering with my golf. Looking forward to getting back on the wall soon.

Very easy to do yourself damage bouldering you can push the grades and repeating the moves too many times can be too much. I'm looking forward to getting back on the wall as well. I got a few months of regular training last year before home life interfered. I was pretty pleased at my progress and was just pushing on to 7a's top roped 6b lead. My arms stronger now so fingers crossed!

Bad belayers are a scary experience. I've been dropped 20' on an indoor wall top roping, fortunately he woke up before I hit the floor. Very hard to set off again after that. VDiff is an odd sort of grade if you aren't wearing hobnail boots and tweeds, I've had some interesting moments V Diffs and Severe's.

Shame you never got to lead I bet you'd have enjoyed it.

Workout 4/30/16
3x25 Dips
3x10 Seated Preacher Curls
3x12 Barbell Curls
3x12 Cable Concentration Curls
3x10 Wide Grip Lat Pulldowns
3x12 Seated Rear Delt Flys
3x10 Seated Rows
3x35 Hack Squat Calf Raises

Brutal session today, i'm spent!
halter07.gif

Back