Progress nob

The cream-coloured plastic nob on the Progress annoys me with its, erm, colour and I dislike that the symbols on it aren't painted (picky bugger, me). I don't want to fork out for a Mergress but I would like to change the appearance of the nob permanently and put some paint in the numbers and the | and ^ handle and head alignment symbols.
At the risk of provoking a few laughs I have tried painting the nob and symbols using black enamel paint (a couple of coats) with a bit of lacquer on top. However, on the nob the finish of the black paint looked a bit ropey (brush strokes visible, a little uneven in places) and after a few weeks it started slowly flaking off. The same enamel paint in the numbers mostly disappeared on application although a little stayed in places. I also thought about spraying the nob silver and then using a lacquer - that might look better than the black paint too - but it was uneven and adding the lacquer removed the spray paint! Enamel paint wouldn't stay on the symbols probably due to the shiny material used.

Would anyone be willing to do it for me (I would recompense you generously with DE or SE blades or soap/cream samples or just cold hard cash)? I would prefer a silver-coloured nob and black or blue symbols. I appreciate anyone considering this unusual request.

I was originally going to title this thread "Help me achieve long lasting satisfaction with my nob - I am tired or bashing away at it fruitlessly on my own" but decided against it.

Sounds painful!
No, I haven't. I don't know anything about these sort of things. I am less than useless. I really just want someone to do it for me! Hopefully someone will feel sorry for me and be glad of the cash or shaving crap I will throw their way.

So does anyone want to help me or just make jokes about it? My nob needs a thick waterproof coating and I would be happy for anyone here to have a bash :blush:

The Geordie Shaver said:
NotTheStig said:
So does anyone want to help me or just make jokes about it? My nob needs a thick waterproof coating and I would be happy for anyone here to have a bash :blush:

Sorry , no can do , I haven't played with my knob in age's , it's something I grew out off
I think you can jolly well bash your own nob, unless someone on here wants to have a bash at it for you :icon_wink:

Back
Top Bottom