Quick poll of blade use

Hi All,

Just posting a quick question. How many days of use do you get from your double edge blades?

I do three passes (WTG/XTG/ATG) on each use and I like to use a new blade every shave, so I use side A on the first morning and side B on the second. Am I throwing my blades out too quick? Do most people get more use from a blade than that?

most people use the same blade for at least 3 shaves, some for 5-7. it depends of preference

i know when i used a shavvete i used the same blade for about 4 times then replaced (thats half a de blade so its closer to 8)

best way to find out is to keep count and see how long you can go, when it starts to pull on shave 5 replace after shave 4

its personal preference when people change and it depends on peoples facial hair as well, some people find the blades last longer than others

It's usually 2 shaves for me, only occasionally 3 if I forget. I don't bother getting to the "pulling" stage... I say this quite often but for me, life is too short to worry about ten pence on a blade every two or three days. They're not dear so it's not like I'd eke them out like I would with 2 quid's worth of cartridge.

I'd rather start the day knowing the blade is sharp, than have to change half way through.

I can get three to four shaves out of my blades, doing the same three pass shave each day as detailed by eneville.

I never used to, but I now dip the head of my razor into Barbicide for 5 mins at the end of each shave then push the razor head against a towel to dry it off (on each side) and this seems to prolong blade life.

I don't really see any need to go beyond 3 shaves really. The price (relative to the carts I used for years) is so little that I see no reason to push a blade life high just for the sake of it. Occasionally I have gone over 3, but that's usually only if I'm in a rush and trying to save precious time by not fiddling with a blade change.

Strictly three shaves then the blade is binned. That could mean anything up to three weeks as I have two razors in rotation and shave about every three to four days. Don't see any point in trying to extend the life of a blade any further.

Usually three shaves per blade...but this morning was my second shave with a Feather and it seemed blunt by the end of the third pass..making it hard work to get a BBS finish......Maybe the cold weather toughens the whiskers.....

Back
Top Bottom