random thoughts and questions - all things shaving

@pjgh @jimmyc @TobyC @donnie_arko @Blademonkey how do you lot find the lather channels on the tech?

I think it's got one of the best lather channels from all the razors I've got

@TobyC love the gold handles, think they're called the bulldog handles, correct me if I'm wrong

Stupid question but what is a lather channel?

I think I might open a black hole by asking a question in a Saj thread about asking questions.

Seeing as you got such a sick collection @Dave in KY might as well ask are there any other de razors that beat the lather channels on the tech that you might know of?
Some experienced guys already stated nothing beats the Tech. I never really compared or worried about it. I had the pass around razor from Alpha? I think it was that included a baseplate with NO lather channel to compare to their other baseplates and it rinsed just as well without any issue. It may have been because of a larger blade gap allowing easier rinsing. I'm not the guy to ask this as I don't see the big concern I guess. Cheers

Some experienced guys already stated nothing beats the Tech. I never really compared or worried about it. I had the pass around razor from Alpha? I think it was that included a baseplate with NO lather channel to compare to their other baseplates and it rinsed just as well without any issue. It may have been because of a larger blade gap allowing easier rinsing. I'm not the guy to ask this as I don't see the big concern I guess. Cheers
yea @pjgh is right, so many tech clones out there to confirm it too

nah not really a concern, more of an observation from using different de razors

So, you're saying lather channels are for rinsing? Are they also to allow lather to escape by itself to some extent?
That's what I thought for the lather and hair, could be wrong

When the v2 Henson came out it was mentioned about the upgraded lather channels so think that's when I came across that term mate

Stupid question but what is a lather channel?

I think I might open a black hole by asking a question in a Saj thread about asking questions.

EcTcTmh.gif

When the v2 Henson came out ...
It's correct, in that geometry compared to V1.
With (almost) neutral exposure and very protecting bars.

In the books there're models with "just" some holes, as the first ATT Windsor.
On the B&B forum there're nice pictures of the Copper Base in Medium gap. (side under, side over)
Because of the positive exposure and higher gap, rinsing is not an issue. Normally.

Reactions: saj
I'm thinking I need this is my life. I've fallen for the art work and the Guinness version is right up my Strasse :love:

I dont know HAGS (Have a Great Shave) and see that Shaving Station sell this brand in the UK - will keep an eye out for this bad boy.

Screenshot 2023-03-16 074058.png

Brilliant! Oddly I now have a mental picture of Anakin sans helmet, happily whistling and getting himself all BBS, before popping his lid back on and grimacing in the mirror ready for another day crushing rebel alliances and radiating eeeeevilllll. You don't know the power of the Dark Side.

Back
Top Bottom