Razorock Hawk

A first go with the Razorock black Hawk. I am using a Kai Pink blade, and, since IB kindly included a sample with the razors, I used their Captain's Choice "North" croap on my Zenith Synt brush. This is quite a nice croap, which lathers well, although just a bit too much water will make it rather thin and runny. It has a pleasant scent, which isn't very enduring, although that may be because I have a slight cold.

The Hawk produces an excellent smooth shave in two passes and some touch-up. I'm not exactly sure why, but I get the impression that it's a tad more aggressive than the Colonial General, which in turn is, I think, a bit more aggressive than my Alumigoose. I think that the Hawk and General are about even in performance, but it's theoretical, as I'm using a Feather Professional in the General, and thus there is no direct comparison.

My verdict? The Hawk is a first-class razor, and, despite the caveats on the IB website regarding possible finish blemishes etc., I can't see anything wrong with mine. It's currently sold out.

Actually just noticed the word 'satin' in the email below and in the product listing. Doh!

So it's a THIRD Hawk model...

"
RazoRock Satin Silver HAWK Single Edge Razor
is now available from ItalianBarber Buy Now
DSC_1633.jpg
"

Back
Top Bottom