RE: secret santa pop it in the post

Mr_Smartepants said:
Tuftey02 should have all the contact info details for the SS of the affected folks.
If he can't get ahold of them, then maybe the moderators should step in.

Unfortunately there is not much we can do, we are not the Police and there is no Contract of sale or Money changed hands and even if there was we have no powers to enforce things.

If it does turn out that it's just someone that couldn't be bothered to send anything out then we can't force them to do so, we can ask, we can send a PM but we cant twist arms behind backs.. it would be a case of should they be banned for "Conduct Unbecoming"

All the Swapping / Trading / Pass Arounds and Secret Santa, all rely on the Honesty of the Members involved, it's the same on all Forums, the only things We as MODS can do to control anything on forums is to keep an eye out for suspicious people and try and catch them out before harm is done , moderate posts when needed, send a PM when needed and and worst case scenario to Ban Someone when needed.

The only bit of protection on anything around here is sales on the B/S/T using Paypal, as they MAY help if all goes wrong, but at the end of the day if someone is ripped of then a MOD can't just get your money back for you, we can assist in providing what info we have about a seller but from what i understand that is limited.

The internet is a big place, and people must use caution and common sense......

I think the Logical step is for Tuftey to contact the people concerned and ask if the gifts were posted and if they were tracked etc etc, at the moment it's all just guessing at what has happened.

Dipesh said:
Your right Steve.

Tbh, I'm not even bothered about the gift. It's more about the principal, should the person have taken advantage.

Personally I was paranoid that the person I had got theirs and I regularly checked the thread until they said they had received it. Perhaps it's just me but I would have been gutted if they didn't receive it, and if I found it had gone missing I would have sent something again.

It's great that we do this each year and a testament to what great folks we have on here. But I suppose things go missing and someone is bound some when not to have the same standards.

Northam Saint said:
Dipesh said:
Your right Steve.

Tbh, I'm not even bothered about the gift. It's more about the principal, should the person have taken advantage.

Personally I was paranoid that the person I had got theirs and I regularly checked the thread until they said they had received it. Perhaps it's just me but I would have been gutted if they didn't receive it, and if I found it had gone missing I would have sent something again.

It's great that we do this each year and a testament to what great folks we have on here. But I suppose things go missing and someone is bound some when not to have the same standards.

I also was a bit paranoid about it tbh but thankfully it all went smoothly.

To be clear, my comment was more on should the person have taken advantage, not saying they did, as things do to missing.

Dipesh said:
Northam Saint said:
Dipesh said:
Your right Steve.

I also was a bit paranoid about it tbh but thankfully it all went smoothly.

To be clear, my comment was more on should the person have taken advantage, not saying they did, as things do to missing.

Sorry my missing should read "missing", and it does look like it's someone taking the advantage, I also note that you have been around here a while Dipesh and anyone one here will know your a decent fella, and I've no doubt your Santa gift onwards would have been a good one.

Personally, and this is my own personal view, not a suggestion or anything, with the greatest respect to our mods too. If it was me I wouldn't find it unacceptable to be either named and shamed, or even banned for ungentlemanly behaviour. In this I appreciate the difficulties this problem raises.

Dipesh said:

Indeed, I have a BST sale to stevie that has seemingly gone missing in the RM wasteland. This is the last time I send something without a tracking #.
I'll need to issue a refund and call it a loss.

Mr_Smartepants said:
Dipesh said:

Indeed, I have a BST sale to stevie that has seemingly gone missing in the RM wasteland. This is the last time I send something without a tracking #.
I'll need to issue a refund and call it a loss.

I'm currently having the same issue with RM and a set of coffee grinder burrs that I posted 1st Class signed for on Monday to East Yorkshire and the only tracing number I have still says that it is in progress yet the buyer hasn't even received a red card through the door.

I received my SS gift (thank you) But I have no idea if my SS was received as the recipient has not posted on this thread to say he received it. Shame really as it was a nice item.

Back
Top Bottom