Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: HC&C White Star Southern Comfort Puck
Balm: L’Oréal All In 1 Moisturising Cream Balm
Fragrance: Maison Alhambra Tobacco Touch EdP
IMG_2570.jpeg
SOTD: 15/08/2023

Razor: Reggie’s Razor Titan
Blade: Derby Extra, 3rd use
Brush: Highlander “Azzuri” Custom Brush Boti 4th Gen Pink 3 Color Synthetic Knot
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: HC&C Le Mafioso Puck
Fragrance: Jean Paul Gautier Le Male Eau de Toilette

As the previous days shaves with the Titan both of these went really well and very close, comfortable and easy! It’s a great razor but I’m only going to be torturing myself if I keep it longer, so I’m making today my last shave.
Many thanks for organising the passaround Chris, I’ve throughly enjoyed it and it’s a far more capable razor than I was expecting to from a first time razor maker! It’s another to add to my list and one of the few DE’s I now want to get!

IMG_4159.jpeg

Arrived from a weekend away to find this razor waiting for me! 3 days of growth and ready to go…

Razor: Reggie Razor Titan Ti
Blade: Gillette super thin (1)
Brush: Chisel and Hound Fanchurian
Soap: PAA Good Vibrations
Splash: PAA Good Vibrations

Well the Reggie razor comes nicely presented in a metal case, handle looks simple with a R on the bottom - the only makers mark on the whole razor. It made light work of my beard - highly efficient and quick 2 pass shave. A couple of weepers on the chin but an impressively close shave for little work. I don’t think this would be a daily driver for me - I’ll wait 48 hrs to try again.

IMG_4162.jpeg

Razor: Reggie Razor Titan Ti
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Simpson T3 Synth
Soap: Noble Otter Rawr
Splash: Noble Otter Rawr

Another good shave with this efficient razor. 2 passes and minor buffing and done. Gives a close shave easily, no weepers as I get to grips with it more. I will have to concede that it is a touch aggressive for me as I prefer milder razors. It’s still a fine razor and I’m delighted to see some UK based manufacturing bringing it to market, I look forward to seeing what else is to come!

I’ll pass on to the next in the list… Thanks again @Reggie’s Razors and @Boycie83 for the excellent opportunity to try this razor!

1.Boycie83 - completed

2.Slapo (ATG & TSR) - completed

3.Johnny Bravo (TSR) - completed

4.LeeMaz (ATG & TSR) - completed

5.Borygmi (ATG & TSR) - completed

6.Semajohn (ATG) - with

7.Crossan (TSR & ATG)

8.Art101980 (ATG)

9.exists (TSR)

10.kelt0i (ATG and TSR)

11. ATG (TSR)

12. Cheekee (ATG)

13. p.b (ATG)

14. Tony'schin (TSR / ATG)

15. Gairdner (TSR / ATG)

16. ajc347 (ATG)

17. wooky114 (ATG & TSR)

18. jeepie (ATG)

All received safe and sound this morning, going to be put to the test for tomorrow's shave.

Cheers

Marc

1.Boycie83 - completed
6.Semajohn (ATG) - completed
7.Crossan (TSR & ATG) - with
8.Art101980 (ATG)
9.exists (TSR)
10.kelt0i (ATG and TSR)
11. ATG (TSR)
12. Cheekee (ATG)
13. p.b (ATG)
14. Tony'schin (TSR / ATG)
15. Gairdner (TSR / ATG)
16. ajc347 (ATG)
17. wooky114 (ATG & TSR)
18. jeepie (ATG)

SOTD 08-Sep
DSC_0130.jpg
Brush: DG B15
Soap: SBS Homecoming
Razor: Reggies Titan
Blade: Wizamet (2)

Cracking shaving this morning, wonderful lather and excellent scent.

Now for the razor, I think I've got enough under my belt to make a semi-informed comment.

First off the the head, the feel on this one is my cup of tea, I could quite happily shave with this daily. I found it clamps the blade very well, and handled the ATG pass like a champ, nimble enough even though it isn't particularly low profile, so from that perspective I love it. The overall looks I like and even the packaging is excellent, allowing for easy portability to take on your travels.

I only really have 2 minor comments, and this is more of a preference. The handle, whilst it didn't slip it did feel on the verge a couple of times, perhaps slight sharper grooves would help, but then again I love the look so this is minor and once again it didn't slip. The only other is that I tend to prefer head heavy razors, and especially for those on the lighter side. If it isn't more forward then I have a tendency to overcompensate and put too much pressure down (read that as user incompetence). That didn't happen here but I was making a conscious effort, though it did give me a couple of tickling bites to remind me.

I love the fact that it's British made, not enough of those out there nowadays. Based on my experience with this I think the SS may be more my speed, and I could perhaps see one in the future especially if the head is the same.

Thank you @Reggie’s Razors for the opportunity and @Boycie83 for arranging everything. I will get it all cleaned up and ready for the next lucky user.

Cheers

Marc

SOTD 08-Sep
View attachment 111001
Brush: DG B15
Soap: SBS Homecoming
Razor: Reggies Titan
Blade: Wizamet (2)

Cracking shaving this morning, wonderful lather and excellent scent.

Now for the razor, I think I've got enough under my belt to make a semi-informed comment.

First off the the head, the feel on this one is my cup of tea, I could quite happily shave with this daily. I found it clamps the blade very well, and handled the ATG pass like a champ, nimble enough even though it isn't particularly low profile, so from that perspective I love it. The overall looks I like and even the packaging is excellent, allowing for easy portability to take on your travels.

I only really have 2 minor comments, and this is more of a preference. The handle, whilst it didn't slip it did feel on the verge a couple of times, perhaps slight sharper grooves would help, but then again I love the look so this is minor and once again it didn't slip. The only other is that I tend to prefer head heavy razors, and especially for those on the lighter side. If it isn't more forward then I have a tendency to overcompensate and put too much pressure down (read that as user incompetence). That didn't happen here but I was making a conscious effort, though it did give me a couple of tickling bites to remind me.

I love the fact that it's British made, not enough of those out there nowadays. Based on my experience with this I think the SS may be more my speed, and I could perhaps see one in the future especially if the head is the same.

Thank you @Reggie’s Razors for the opportunity and @Boycie83 for arranging everything. I will get it all cleaned up and ready for the next lucky user.

Cheers

Marc
Hi Marc,

Glad to hear you have enjoyed the Titan.

Great to get the reviews that we have been getting from the group!

With regards to the Saturn it is the same head design.

Cheers

Jonathan

Hi Gents

Think I'm going to respectfully retire from this pass around, but thanks to @Boycie83 and @Reggie’s Razors for the opportunity - much appreciated. I've recently picked up another titanium razor (my first - remains to be seen if it'll be my last) which has scratched that particular itch for me, looking forward to hearing how the rest of you get on though.

Thanks again though .

Updated list:
1.Boycie83 - completed
7.Crossan (TSR & ATG) - with
8.Art101980 (ATG)
9.exists (TSR)
10. ATG (TSR)
11. Cheekee (ATG)
12. p.b (ATG)
13. Tony'schin (TSR / ATG)
14. Gairdner (TSR / ATG)
15. ajc347 (ATG)
16. wooky114 (ATG & TSR)
17. jeepie (ATG)

1.Boycie83 - completed
7.Crossan (TSR & ATG) - completed
8.Art101980 (ATG) - completed
9.Cheekee (ATG) - with
10. p.b (ATG)
11. exists (TSR)
12. ATG (TSR)
13. Tony'schin (TSR / ATG)
14. Gairdner (TSR / ATG)
15. ajc347 (ATG)
16. wooky114 (ATG & TSR)
17. jeepie (ATG)

List updated as a couple of participants are travelling.

Back
Top Bottom