Review: The General SE razor

Yes, we are currently in production and expect shipment from the factory in early August. If no unforeseen issues arise, we should be invoicing in August some time.

Holyzeus, I am sorry for the way the previous reply came across. My brother did not intend to be condescending, even though I agree that it did sound it. We hope to earn your business in the future.

Regards,

Kyle

A nice, clean effortless shave this morning with The General.

103fqeg.jpg
How Does that Compare to a Cobra Classic..Shave Wise ?..Aggression Wise ?..:D

Billy

Fergiebilly,

The General will be milder than the Cobra due to lighter weight as well as how it was designed. The General was designed with a milder feel and comfort in mind.

Regards,

Kyle
Thanks..Kyle..I have a Cobra Classic Pass Around at the Moment..I Like it a Lot..I Don't Find it to be an Aggressive Shaver & I Do Like these Feather Pro Blades & the Longer Heads..:)

Billy

If I may, I'd like to add my General experience into this thread as log as @Darkbulb doesn't mind. I typically use a Feather Pro blade in all of my modern SEs which use this blade type. However, in the General I was unable to achieve a close shave using this blade. It was just too mild for me. I then put in a Feather Super Pro blade and then things really clicked for me. It finally was able to shave me close without leaving stubble like the Pro blade did. The Super blade in other razors like the Mongoose will tear me up without the most painstaking attention. In the General, however, I could whip the razor around my face without a concern for irritation or weepers. Until the General I don't think I've ever been able to say that about the Super blade.

Last edited:
If I may, if like to had my General experience into this thread as log as @Darkbulb doesn't mind. I typically use a Feather Pro blade in all of my modern SEs which use this blade type. However, in the General I was unable to achieve a close shave using this blade. It was just too mild for me. I then put in a Feather Super Pro blade and then things really clicked for me. It finally was able to shave me close without leaving stubble like the Pro blade did. The Super blade in other razors like the Mongoose will tear me up without the most painstaking attention. In the General, however, I could whip the razor around my face without a concern for irritation or weepers. Until the General I don't think I've ever been able to say that about the Super blade.

The more reviews the better :)

Just ordered one of the first batch with the minor issues. Worked out £50 delivered to the Uk. Looking forward to seeing how it compares to my Alumigoose. As long as I can find a decent blade. First blade out of a new cassette of feather pros was a complete dud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad they've got set up. Got mine last week and it's brilliant. Looks a lot more refined than the Alumigoose. Feels lovely and tactile in the hand and shaves like a dream. Putting the goose up for sale now. Mine worked out £50 plus the stupid customs fees. A real bargain.

Glad they've got set up. Got mine last week and it's brilliant. Looks a lot more refined than the Alumigoose. Feels lovely and tactile in the hand and shaves like a dream. Putting the goose up for sale now. Mine worked out £50 plus the stupid customs fees. A real bargain.

Yeah I like mine a lot.
Their next lot is apparently due to be ready on Sept 23rd - but that will be used to fulfill the outstanding, initial waiting list. Batch three will be stock onto the website though.

Last edited:
Just ordered one of the first batch with the minor issues. Worked out £50 delivered to the Uk. Looking forward to seeing how it compares to my Alumigoose. As long as I can find a decent blade. First blade out of a new cassette of feather pros was a complete dud.

Don't forget the postman tax ...

Sent from Mars

Back
Top Bottom