Rocnel SE review(s)

Just received mine, very happy with the product for said price. No issue with the handle on mine, very little flex in the slotted area where you insert the blade. I was worried that this may loosen with use, especially if poorly constructed. But looks to be ok. Definitely looking forward to using it tonight.

On a side note anyone with OCD will find themselves polishing the razor once opened and also removing stray fibres from the square cloth material. I kid you not!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

It's the quality that has surprised me the most. How can they sell them at that price when an ATT is 6 times the price?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

It's the quality that has surprised me the most. How can they sell them at that price when an ATT is 6 times the price?

From what little I have read, the Rocnel. Is machined where the ATT is finished by hand? Could be wrong as sources aren't official. So in other words labour cost.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I believe Murat explained it along the lines of;
a) Rocnel already being a large, well established machine park and can do everything in-house w/out using any third parties, and
b) The design of the SE being very simple (especially the head that is a one-piece instead of your regular two-piece heads) bringing down the manufacturing time

I believe that a lower labor cost in Turkey on top of the above gives you the price point they ended up at.

After much consideration I've decided not to shave with the Rocnel. At £25 delivered this thing is an absolute bargain, but if it shaves like shite, well... [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After much consideration I've decided not to shave with the Rocnel. At £25 delivered this thing is an absolute bargain, but if it shaves like shite, well... [emoji12]

It's a good shave. Smooth and efficient. Not too much pressure.

Is anyone actually shaving with theirs?, this thread seems to have gone off track a little, lots of mine has been ordered or delivered but very little in the way of reviews.
I think that a lot of us have just received ours today, so tomorrow will doubtless be first use, and then the reviews will ensue.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Well, lathered up and put my half de blade in and went to work on 3 days growth. The blade doesnt move at all during the shave, and after my first XTG pass all was well, most stubble removed, except those bloody dog ears bit me a couple of times, good job i took it very slowly.

Did my ATG pass and a few touch ups and all over BBS. This is a very nice looking razor with a nice heft, which for me made a very easy shave. Pound for pound, this is the best razor i have bought, excellent value for money.

The only negative i have is that the head should have been made a bit wider, as has been said before from other users. I definitely wont be shaving with the edges exposed, i will cut them off as they can cut you up good, especially when you do a sideways pass along the neck line.

Not sure how easy it will be to remove the blade or even get it in with the exposed edges removed. Having said that, for me, its a very efficient smooth shaver, and i glad i bought it, and will be using it a lot. Think i will get the stand for it as to me it looks great, but will look even better with the stand.

Well, lathered up and put my half de blade in and went to work on 3 days growth. The blade doesnt move at all during the shave, and after my first XTG pass all was well, most stubble removed, except those bloody dog ears bit me a couple of times, good job i took it very slowly.

Did my ATG pass and a few touch ups and all over BBS. This is a very nice looking razor with a nice heft, which for me made a very easy shave. Pound for pound, this is the best razor i have bought, excellent value for money.

The only negative i have is that the head should have been made a bit wider, as has been said before from other users. I definitely wont be shaving with the edges exposed, i will cut them off as they can cut you up good, especially when you do a sideways pass along the neck line.

Not sure how easy it will be to remove the blade or even get it in with the exposed edges removed. Having said that, for me, its a very efficient smooth shaver, and i glad i bought it, and will be using it a lot. Think i will get the stand for it as to me it looks great, but will look even better with the stand.
This would be the exact review I would give too.
As long as you take it easy it's a great razor.

If you use the side tabs to help get the blade in you can then push down on the tabs with your thumb to snap them off. This leaves a very small piece of blade exposed, just enough to get your finger nail behind to push the blade out when needed. [emoji3]

Back
Top Bottom