Rocnel SE review(s)

Third shave this morning with the Rocnel and a few more nicks. It's definitely the ends of the blade digging in, not the sharp bits left from snapping the tabs off. I'm on the fence with this razor, apart from the nicks it's a nice smooth shave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Third shave this morning with the Rocnel and a few more nicks. It's definitely the ends of the blade digging in, not the sharp bits left from snapping the tabs off. I'm on the fence with this razor, apart from the nicks it's a nice smooth shave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's not the snapped off ends that get me either. It's definitely the little protrusions at either end of the comb. It makes you wonder why they didn't make the head just a few mm wider at each end to envelope the blade fully , since they obviously would know the length of the blade exposure. I know the while point of this razor is affordability and unique design but surely it would have impacted the cost that much to have it slightly wider?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

It's not the snapped off ends that get me either. It's definitely the little protrusions at either end of the comb. It makes you wonder why they didn't make the head just a few mm wider at each end to envelope the blade fully , since they obviously would know the length of the blade exposure. I know the while point of this razor is affordability and unique design but surely it would have impacted the cost that much to have it slightly wider?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I know, but I think it's a deliberate move to allow easier removal of the blade with it being just enough to get your finger nail behind to push it out. It is a shame though, I'll give it a couple more shaves and if I can't find a way of avoiding it then I'll probably call it a day. There's nothing more annoying than littles nicks that won't stop bleeding [emoji36]

I like to treat it as a straight razor. That being stretched skin and a sweet spot to the middle of the blade. Those protrusions I treat as a non rounded point and keep well clear of rounded/fleshy areas.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

haha! well that didn't work. Manual dexterity beyond my capabilities. The blade whole can slide in but with a huge protrusion over the edge. Snap it (very loud) and no way on earth could you slide it in. Tried 3 times, almost cut myself and gave up. Raffles Megress XL to the rescue.

Back
Top Bottom