Rugby World Cup

New Zealand are due a win.

2007 no one gave England a chance, especially after their dire group games, and they ended up runners-up. You never know what can happen.

However, big Lol was on the news saying anything further than quarters and England will be happy, rebuilt team and all that.

I'm looking forward to an injury free Sheridan destroying some opposing front rows.

I personally wouldn't write off the Aussies, they looked very good two weeks ago beating a full strenght All Blacks team and winning the Tri Nations, but every world cup since the first one in 1987 the All Blacks have always been favourites, but have never won one in the professional era, if they dont manage to do it on home soil, then I think they will be executed as soon as the final whistle blows, including the coaches and thier families arrested and sent to Christmas Island to live out the rest of thier lives. as we say in Wales there's only one thing more important than life or death, and that's Rugby.

Jamie

Fido said:
Now after Channel 4 messed up the World Athletics coverage, I see ITV have the Rugby!

Seeing that I'm at work, the obvious way to watch it is via the ITVPlayer on t'internet - bearing in mind I can watch the BBC live and several other comparable streaming video services with no interruptions (including RTE NewsNow) - the ITV offering (requiring me enter my email address and to agree to spam) is utterly shite.

First having to sit through 40 seconds of forced advertising, then it runs for about 10 minutes before the screen turned black and it started buffering (without recovering), so reload the page, sit through another batch of adverts, it runs for about 10 minutes, screen black and that's when I gave up.

Maybe I shouldn't have used viewerservices@itv.com as my email address :)

My sports fanatic sister is in Las Vegas for October with her daughter's high tech family. Whay internet site is likely to be her best option to see live matches out there? I doubt she will see any live matches on TV in Vegas.

Anything worth a punt?

World Cup 2011 Winner

4/6 New Zealand
3/1 Australia
7/1 South Africa
16/1 France
16/1 England
40/1 Ireland
80/1 Wales
250/1 Argentina
300/1 Scotland
300/1 Samoa
1000/1 Fiji
2000/1 Italy
5000/1 Tonga
5000/1 Georgia
5000/1 Namibia
5000/1 Canada
5000/1 USA
5000/1 Romania
5000/1 Japan
5000/1 Russia

Agree with NZ looking ordinary at times.

They seem to have lost some of that utter dominance at the breakdown. Both in attack and defense they were so quick at either securing the ball at the ruck and getting it out fast or turning the ball over. I'd never seen a team quicker in that area.

Not to say they won't win it, but they don't look as special as they did a few years ago.

I don't think the AB's will handle the pressure. Their WC history of choking is well documented. Add playing at home.....

Robbie Dean, the Wallabies coach is a Kiwi & he wanted the All Blacks coach job. His motivation & the Wallabies current form will see them win it, IMO.

England will lose in the final.

Back
Top Bottom