Rugby World Cup

I hate watching rugby - particularly when England are playing. But it's got to be done. Who'd be a sport addict? It can't be good for your health. I knew someone who died of a heart attack watching a Wimbledon Final. If England go through this world cup like today, I'll need some tranquillisers.

pugh-the-special-one said:
The game of the world cup so far Japan V France fantastic second half.
Jamie.

I've not watched much but that was really memorable. Ahem...outside French bet is toast on that showing.

I just cannot see England progressing with Wilkinson at 10, not because he kicked poorly but because he hasn't got one creative fibre in that muscle bound frame.

England, Wales and France all have the ability to reach the semi finals, New Zealand and the Aussies can have a poor game in them, even though they are still hot favourites, come the quarter finals teams get a bit nervous and pressure does strange things to people.

Jamie

The USA V Russia, very evenly matched game most enjoyable, the two former Super Powers, Ouch! I bet that hurts Former Super Powers, anyway excellent advert for the game of rugby, the USA had a bit to much nous for the Russians, deservered winners, but a well done both teams saw some great off the radar signings for a few not so rich clubs in the UK and France, both Russian and USA players top quality in a few positions.

Jamie.

My prediction, Ireland to win pool C, Wales runner up pool D, Wales V Ireland World cup quarter final, Wales win Wales Semi finalist. South Africa win pool D, Australia runners up pool C, they play South Africa, South Africa win, South Africa Semi finalist,
England win pool B, France runners up pool A, England V France quarter finals, ? New Zealand win pool A, Argentina runners up pool B, New Zealand V Argentina, New Zealand win New Zealand semi finalist.

Semi final teams.
Wales
New Zealand
South Africa
England or France ?

Jamie

I've never understood why any team is allowed to perform a ritual like the haka before the start of a match. It's an excuse to try and intimidate the opposition, pure and simple. The All Blacks can intimidate by their mere presence - they hardly need the help of an ancestral war cry.

They are doing very well against France right now - perhaps the haka worked well today.

I wouldn't agree Fozz, but I would fancy Wales to beat England who they would meet should they both beat Ireland and France in the quarter finals, England have had one testing game so far Argentina, and struggled, on paper this Wales team looks better than England, if they called a British and Irish lions team now, England would get two players in the team. Lawes and the fullback, To many old Men in that team. Cueto 32, Moody 33, Thompson 33, Wilkinson32, Tindall 32,

Jamie

pugh-the-special-one said:
I wouldn't agree Fozz, but I would fancy Wales to beat England who they would meet should they both beat Ireland and France in the semi's, England have had one testing game so far Argentina, and struggled, on paper this Wales team looks better than England, if they called a British and Irish lions team now, England would get two players in the team. Lawes and the fullback, To many old Men in that team.

Jamie

Sorry Jamie, but I'd have to suggest that's biased. Would you seriously forgo Tuilagi? He's hardly an old man, plus, the Welsh side isn't all dew-fresh either.

Well Chris, I would say that the same thing was being said of Leslie Viakolo a few season ago? but the truth is that Englands game is heavily dependant on set piece play, once any team who have a decent backline like Wales have at the moment with a very good backrow, which dominated England in the last two games, gain parity up front which after watching this England team, I would say i'm more than confident, even though I wouldn't mind Wales playing either France or Ireland in the quarters or semi's I would rather play England over those two if I could pick.

Jamie

Back
Top Bottom