Greetings

Saturday 1st November 2014
Prep: Shower
Razor: GEM Junior 1912 Baton Handle
Blade: GEM Blue star Carbon
Brush: Vulfix 404 Mixed
Soap: Speick Men Active
Aftershave: Floid Balm

This was my first use of this new (ish) soap by Speick and first impressions are that I am hugely impressed.

This soap was released about a year ago by Speick and is different to their shaving sticks. This is a veggie soap whilst the stick is tallow, it has a similar scent of Speick plants but it is more 'lemony'.

It is ridiculously easy to build a lather with, the lather shows no hint of collapsing and there is no sliminess, the razor glides over the face superbly. The soap is slightly soft ie not as soft as Cella but a good bit softer than most hard soaps.

I am already a huge fan of Speick shaving sticks and this seems just as good, I have long came to the conclusion that a soap can be great or poor irrespective of whether it contains tallow or not.

Regards
Dick.

DSC05649.JPG

Pre: RazoRock/HTGAM mentholated lime soap
Soap: HTGAM Synergy 2.0 "BarberPole"
Brush: 22mm HMW custom birthday coin brush
Razor: Ikon Deluxe OC
Blade: PolSilver SI (1)
Post: Thayer's witch hazel, followed by Village Barber balm

First "real" shave after returning home from my travels. Feeling clean and smooth.
HTGAM products seemed fitting for the beginning of "Mo-vember".
Freshly shorn 'stache area to begin "Mo-vember". SWMBO is NOT happy about me growing a 'stache so I may fail in my endeavor.
IMG_20141101_080625.jpg

SATURDAY MORNING

Pre: Hot rinse & Prep cream
Soap: La Toja
Brush: Muhle V2 synthetic
Razor: StIk (Stahly head, Ikon handle)
Blade: Gillette Bleue Extra
EDT: Caron Pour Un Homme

Very nice indeed.

A leisurely Saturday shave, and a great way to start the weekend:

Shower before shave
Proraso Green Pre-shave
New Forest 2213
TOBS Sandalwood
Merkur Progress
Polsilver SI (1)
Cold water rinse
Floid Blue A/S
Nivea A/S balm - Sensitive

Shower
Cella soap
Semogue 830
PAL Adjustable Injector
Personna blade [3]
Arko Ice Mint ASB
Etat Libre d'Orange - Fils De Dieu

Really getting the hang of the PAL now, this is the best shave yet and is near DFS. Loving it - now to find and try another injector!
Oh and 1st go with the Cella too - what a cracking soap, not overly keen on the scent, but its not offensive, and the lather is something else!

Saturday

Afternoon, all.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: EJ DE89
Blade: Treet Durasharp (1)
Brush: Kabuki Bamboo
Shave cream: Kiss My Face unscented
Aftershave: Pashana Bay Rum
Cologne: Rive Gauche Intense

Very good start to the week.

rowlers said:
PAL Adjustable Injector
Personna blade [3]

Really getting the hand of the PAL now, this is the best shave yet and is near DFS. Loving it - now to find and try another injector!

Hi there,

If you like, I have a Schick adjustable and some nice old vintage blades that you're welcome to test drive and return when done. I think you will notice some differences from what's being used now by you.

Use the pm feature if that interests you and keep in mind the shipping (USA) on the return.

Martin

Back
Top Bottom