S.O.T.D Saturday 1 November to Friday 7 November 2014

For Fancontoller:

Saturday:
the prep (yes it was pulled for too long but I was fannying around with the camera)

the shave kit.

5th shave with the Feather Pro, despite reports of some people getting 12+ shaves from one of these blades I think 4 is my limit, I'm a little sore under the chin from the ATG pass.

Sunday:

The only negative I have to say about the LPL is that it's too soft to load the brush in a bowl so it ends up being pushed up the side of the container with a big hole in the middle, but it's to hard to scoop a blob out and smear it on the inside of a bowl and unless you really mash the brush into the soap blob I end up chasing the lump around the bowl. I never mash my badger brushes but I have no reservations about doing that with this synthetic and was rewarded with a fantastic lather. The GSB with the Weber isn't a combination I can remember trying but it worked very well for me today.

Cold water splash
T&H 1805 shaving cream
Shavemac 177 Silvertip
ATT M2 Kronos
Gillette Silver Blue (3)
Penhaligon's Opus 1870 ASB

Interrupted halfway by a phone call but still managed an OK shave.

Prep: Hot shower
Pre: SMN pre-shave
Soap: B&M Nocturne
Bowl: Woodhead Pedestal
Brush: Semogue 830 boar
Razor: Gem Junior Bar + templ8 100mm handle
Blade: Gem (4)
After: Speick Active AS, Kiehl moisturiser (sample) ASB

This handle is the opposite of the razor's native handle, long and heavy, but performed brilliantly. I'm liking this handle more with each use.
Even though I loaded up with heaps of lather that naughty Semogue managed to eat it all up and I had to reload for the third pass.
BBS results though.

@p.b: I did like your coffee picture but I think you're confusing me with factormax

SOTD141102-2_zpsde029bec.jpg

fancontroller said:
This handle is the opposite of the razor's native handle, long and heavy, but performed brilliantly. I'm liking this handle more with each use.

@p.b: I did like your coffee picture but I think you're confusing me with factormax

Oh yeah! Sorry about that. That handle is looking very nice indeed - I think it makes for a very elegant looking razor on that head.

Ben88 said:
Fly, how'd you get on with The Captain? Might ask the Mrs to get me some as birthday on the horizon.

It's actually quite nice. Thick, slick and leaves a little residue so you can go back over bits without re lathering. I heard that the tallow formula is based on mwf. How true that is I don't know but post shave was good too.

fly3k said:
Ben88 said:
Fly, how'd you get on with The Captain? Might ask the Mrs to get me some as birthday on the horizon.

It's actually quite nice. Thick, slick and leaves a little residue so you can go back over bits without re lathering. I heard that the tallow formula is based on mwf. How true that is I don't know but post shave was good too.

Interesting. The described scent sounds superb aswell.

Ben88 said:
fly3k said:
Ben88 said:

Interesting. The described scent sounds superb aswell.

It's nice sweet cherry. I didn't like any of the other scents in the sample pack.

Pre: RazoRock/HTGAM mentholated lime soap
Soap: Vintage NOS Imperial Leather stick
Brush: California Redwood Burl handle, 24mm TGN Finest 2-band
Razor: Ikon Deluxe SB
Blade: Astra blue SS (1)

IMG_20141102_205301.jpg

Mon 3 Nov

Pre Soften Beard Neutrogena Glycerine Bar
Brush Unknown Pure Bristle
Cream Ingrams
Razor Ever Ready 1924 -- step up one
Blade Gem [1 ]
Post Alum rub,rinse off. apply Nivea Balm.

My first go with this one. I have used 1912 & MM Bullet tip. with no adverse effects.
This time slight cut, 2 weepers. Was warned to take care,but got sloppy.

Found had to be careful loading blade,i think one blade stopper maybe closed up
a bit.Will carry on with it,see if technique improves.

Despite shortcomings of me, the shave was smooth and close.

Monday morning:

Joseph Elliot's Best Silver 6/8” Wedge
Simpsons Chubby 2, Best Badger
Taylor of Old Bond Street, Sandalwood soap
Face Lather
Neil Miller-2.5"Latigo Leather
Taylor of Old Bond Street, Sandalwood ASL

SOTD-2014-11-03-1-Copy_zps9e7543e3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom