S.O.T.D. Saturday 10th June to Friday 16th June 2017

RGreTX5h.jpg

It's my birthday. F**k I'm 40! According to my 6 year old son, I'm officially old. Nice!

SOTD_20170616-1024x713.png

• Safety Razor: Maggard Razors - MR14
  • Blade: Wilkinson - Sword
  • Shaving Brush: RazoRock - 400 (Synthetic)
  • Shaving Bowl: Edwin Jagger - ND46
  • Shaving Cream: Taylor Of Old Bond Street - Eton College (sample)
  • After-Shave: Arko - Comfort - Balm
  • Fragrance: Proraso - Wood And Spice - Cologne

SOTD 16th June

Prep....Shower, olive oil soap, BBA pre shave oil
Razor....Parker adjustable set to 2.5
Blade....Polsilver Stainless (lodz Poland) #2
Soap....OSP Lavender
Brush....Omega 48
Post....BBA post shave balm
Scent....Tom Oud Tabbacco..Mr purfume .

A late shave, now back in Cornwall and the trip took it out of me.
Good and close with no drama , loving this razor.

Have a nice day....:)

S.O.T.D -
Pre - Shower/Hot Towel
Razor - Edwin Jagger DE3D14
Blade - Astra Superior Stainless (3)
Brush - Semogue SOC Boar
Bowl - Korium Shaving Bowl
Soap - Wickham 1912 Classic 24 Sample
Post - Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm
20170616_105512 (2).jpg
nice 3 pass shave today used the first of some soap samples I bought from connaught shaving the classic 24 soap is really nice smells the same as the fine platinum soap to me it lathered up great nice and thick with good protection I'm looking forward to trying club cola next .... Have a Good Day PPL & Happy Shaving :D

Last edited:
Greetings All,

Friday shave.

One days' growth and warm shave

Preparation – face washed with Clique Liquid facial soap (mild)

Pre: Prorosa white pre-share
Soap: Tabac soap
Razor: Merkur 34c
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Sharp Edge (3rd use)
Brush: Proraso silver boar hair brush

Post Shave: Cold water rinse, Alum, then re-rinse followed by Proraso aftershave lotion (green) and Proraso post shave cream (white)

OK – shave from hell – no crimson to speak of, but jeez. . . talk about rough. Does anyone find Tabac soap dries out quickly? Is this me again not using enough water to create my lather? Also, the Gillette 7 o'clock Sharp Edge seems done after 2 shaves – horrid. Give my face the weekend to recover.

19228123_304933483288622_4076103377572855808_n.jpg

Brush: Omega 11126
Razor: Gillette Rocket HD
Blade: Voskhod (3)
Soap: Cella

My last day of Cella, Cella and an Omega boar is a match made in heaven, I have been very impressed with it this week. Have not failed to get a great lather and shave. Made a good dent in the tub too, a few days spend on a soap is a good way to appreciate what you have and understand the nuances of the soap. Three good shaves with the Rocket, a lovely razor to use.

Greetings All,

Friday shave.

One days' growth and warm shave

Preparation – face washed with Clique Liquid facial soap (mild)

Pre: Prorosa white pre-share
Soap: Tabac soap
Razor: Merkur 34c
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Sharp Edge (3rd use)
Brush: Proraso silver boar hair brush

Post Shave: Cold water rinse, Alum, then re-rinse followed by Proraso aftershave lotion (green) and Proraso post shave cream (white)

OK – shave from hell – no crimson to speak of, but jeez. . . talk about rough. Does anyone find Tabac soap dries out quickly? Is this me again not using enough water to create my lather? Also, the Gillette 7 o'clock Sharp Edge seems done after 2 shaves – horrid. Give my face the weekend to recover.

I too find the Gillette Sharp Edge blades awful to use, they were my first blade I used also in a 34C. Glad there are many other brands to try (and get on with). If I only based my experience on these blades I'd be using cartridges

Back
Top Bottom