S.O.T.D. Saturday 10th June to Friday 16th June 2017

RGreTX5h.jpg

It's my birthday. F**k I'm 40! According to my 6 year old son, I'm officially old. Nice!
Happy birthday @flashashton27
Don't worry, 40 is the new 30 ;)

19228123_304933483288622_4076103377572855808_n.jpg

Brush: Omega 11126
Razor: Gillette Rocket HD
Blade: Voskhod (3)
Soap: Cella

My last day of Cella, Cella and an Omega boar is a match made in heaven, I have been very impressed with it this week. Have not failed to get a great lather and shave. Made a good dent in the tub too, a few days spend on a soap is a good way to appreciate what you have and understand the nuances of the soap. Three good shaves with the Rocket, a lovely razor to use.
+ 1 on the Cella, Voskhod & Floid Mentolado Vigoroso.. A trio of my favourite shaving products..Superb.;)

Fri 16th June
RazoRock Sun. 24mm
Speick Active
Brass General
Schick Proline Type P ( 5 )
Alum Rub / Rinse off
Tuff Green A/S lotion

Still getting the feel of the General, which Shaves very smoothly and comfortably , and I am less concerned about the smooth handle as I have no no grip problems . Whilst I enjoyed the Shave I am not convinced that I am getting the closest finished Shave,possibly the Schick is not the best blade for this Razor.

IMG_1342.jpg

Friday's shave :)

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Wright's Coal-tar soap.
Razor - ATT SE1 (Bamboo handle).
Blade - Kai Captain Titan Mild (Pink) (day 4).
Soap - Executive Shaving Bay Rum Cream.
Brush - Simpsons Duke 2.
Post shave - D.R. Harris Skin Tonic, followed by Tabula Rasa Cool (Blue) Aftershave Gel.

Ace three pass shave with the ATT. This morning, as it was so hot and muggy, I tried for the first time a cold water shave - other than the fact I had a warm shower first :)

Going to do more research on the cold shave. I think for me it could catch on.

All the best,

Chris

Greetings All,

Friday shave.

One days' growth and warm shave

Preparation – face washed with Clique Liquid facial soap (mild)

Pre: Prorosa white pre-share
Soap: Tabac soap
Razor: Merkur 34c
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Sharp Edge (3rd use)
Brush: Proraso silver boar hair brush

Post Shave: Cold water rinse, Alum, then re-rinse followed by Proraso aftershave lotion (green) and Proraso post shave cream (white)

OK – shave from hell – no crimson to speak of, but jeez. . . talk about rough. Does anyone find Tabac soap dries out quickly? Is this me again not using enough water to create my lather? Also, the Gillette 7 o'clock Sharp Edge seems done after 2 shaves – horrid. Give my face the weekend to recover.
Have never had that problem with Tabac soap, it is a thirsty soap though so maybe you need a touch more H2o...:)

A trip down memory lane this morning, taking the 55 Red Tip out for a spin. She was fueled up with a Vintage Gillette, and really broke loose on the slickness created by the Rubberset Silvertip and Ghost Town Barber (my this is great soap). I finished the trip with some English Leather. A Tepco vintage china coffee mug hung out with us this morning as well. Have a blessed day gentlemen.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Red Tip A2
Blade: Gillette White Dispenser
Brush: Rubberset Vintage Silvertip
Lather: Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber
Aftershave: English Leather Vintage
Additional Care:
Forever Gentleman's Pride AS & Skin Conditioner
d3bc66de15f2015d445abbe7a7daa9d4.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Friday 16th June 2017
SOTD 16th June.jpg
Pre Shave: Hot Shower, L'Oreal Pure Power Face Wash and Proraso White + Bloom Water
Razor: Fatip Piccolo
Blade: Wilkinson Sword England (#11)
Brush: Maseto 2 band finest 24mm
Soap: P&B Baskerville
AS: Nivea 2 Phase

Another close and smooth shave, however some minor irritation post shave was hinting that maybe the Wilkinson Sword blade is now on it's last legs, the shave was not as close as I think t could be with the Fatip. Not used the Baskerville for a while and it made a welcome return, I am wondering if shave 11 with a lesser soap may have not been as good. I think I will retire this blade now, happy to get 10 decent shaves out of a DE blade.

A trip down memory lane this morning, taking the 55 Red Tip out for a spin. She was fueled up with a Vintage Gillette, and really broke loose on the slickness created by the Rubberset Silvertip and Ghost Town Barber (my this is great soap). I finished the trip with some English Leather. A Tepco vintage china coffee mug hung out with us this morning as well. Have a blessed day gentlemen.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Red Tip A2
Blade: Gillette White Dispenser
Brush: Rubberset Vintage Silvertip
Lather: Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber
Aftershave: English Leather Vintage
Additional Care:
Forever Gentleman's Pride AS & Skin Conditioner
d3bc66de15f2015d445abbe7a7daa9d4.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Great photo ! ;)

6d85278972ddc93459e33ddc3b3e7b00.jpg

Pre: Washpool Farm Facial Cleansing Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Semogue Owners Club Boar
Soap: Jabonman Eufros Rosa Bourbon
Razor: Merkur Futur (2)
Blade: Vintage Schick Plus Platinum (1)
Balm: Jabonman Eufros Rosa Bourbon

Just love the scent of the Rosa Bourbon - it fills the bathroom for a day or two.
Three passes for a DFS+. As usual, The smoothness of the vintage Schick blade suckers me into applying a wee bit too much pressure - hence a touch of irritation. This was gone following my customary soak in residual lather; and further soothed by both the Emulsion and the Jabonman Balm.

Back
Top Bottom