S.O.T.D. Saturday 10th June to Friday 16th June 2017

kcraG1zh.jpg

Waking my face up on this dismal Saturday morning with a little Folgefonn!

Greetings All,

Saturday shave.

Two days' growth and warm shave

Preparation – face washed with Clique Liquid facial soap (mild)

Pre: Prorosa white pre-share
Soap: Wickham Classic 24
Razor: Merkur 34c
Blade: Voskhod (3rd use)
Brush: Molten Brown Shaving Brush

Post Shave: Cold water rinse, Proraso aftershave lotion (green) and Proraso post shave cream (white)

Third use of the Voskhod blade and still liking it – again three passes (with, across and against) and ended up with a very smooth finish - NICE.

Everyone have an enjoyable and irritation free weekend :)

Rockwell 6C with Shark,
Maseto 30mm finest in horn
MT Indian flavour soap
2 drops of BBA Shave oil
Firstly to the BBA I was lucky that Emma at BBA sent me a bottle to try, thank you Emma. I'm not really an oil user and unfortunately after two tiny drops of oil applied pre shave I know why. Oil and water doesn't mix so the basin had oil scum on it and so did the razor which meant I had to de grease both with washing up liquid. Shave wise all other items performed perfectly as expected the Shark once again proved it may be the blade for me surpassing my Russian blades in smoothness. Great Saturday shave for me.

19050506_310954149328181_5016869453560807424_n.jpg

Brush: Rod Neep #1810 - Short Retro Deluxe Silvertip
Razor: Gibbs No 17
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (3)
Soap: Phoenix and Beau Imperial Rum

Disappointed by the scent of the soap, not too keen on it at all. I get the lime and a pungent spicy note. The performance is fastastic but the scent not so (for me). I do find that a lot with their soaps, the scents are hit and miss, the only scents I have adored thus far are Albion and Solaris. As such I didn't use the solid cologne post shave, didn't fancy it on my chops if I didn't like the soap. Superb shave but this brush still loses a hair or two, may have to get it re-knotted and put it in retirement until then.

19050506_310954149328181_5016869453560807424_n.jpg

Brush: Rod Neep #1810 - Short Retro Deluxe Silvertip
Razor: Gibbs No 17
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (3)
Soap: Phoenix and Beau Imperial Rum

Disappointed by the scent of the soap, not too keen on it at all. I get the lime and a pungent spicy note. The performance is fastastic but the scent not so (for me). I do find that a lot with their soaps, the scents are hit and miss, the only scents I have adored thus far are Albion and Solaris. As such I didn't use the solid cologne post shave, didn't fancy it on my chops if I didn't like the soap. Superb shave but this brush still loses a hair or two, may have to get it re-knotted and put it in retirement until then.

That shaving brush is a pearl of beauty, Sir! I am sooo envious. ;)

Last edited:
10/6/17

First DE shave for 5 days, and it was a pleasure to be back.

Pre Shave - RSC Facial Scrub
Soap - Arko
Brush - Omega 80265
Razor - Yingjili Tech
Blade - Treet Durasharp
Post Shave - Witch Hazel

The YJ Tech is a very mild razor and pairing it with a Treet Durasharp didn't create enough bite for a very close shave, but absolutely no irritation in the slightest - a pleasant alternative to the ghastly razor burn & allergy shave I had Derby Extra/Futur Clone last week.

Saturday Morning.

IMG_4667.png

First run with the V2 Claymore I received in a trade the other day. Loaded with a Feather Pro on its first use and mercy me, she's a sharp beauty. Hefty and effortless to use. Once you get that shallow angle dialled in nothing gets in her way. I'm definitely re-knotting my Midas Silvertip - it shed circa 9/10 hairs today which is the final straw for me! Fortunately I've got a backup brush in the Maseto 30mm so will be using that until a new knot arrives. The Midas did, in its defence, whip up a gorgeous lather with a sample of OSP Patchouli generously sent to me by @flip-68. I'll be trying out the OSP Bay Rum sample next! Plenty of slickness and plenty of glide but far less thirsty than the P&B Soaps I've been used to.

The Feather blade, as I've experienced with the RR Hawk, is pretty sharp feeling on first use. It definitely mellows down thereafter and I'm looking forward to that with this razor. No issues with grip or angle on my first use. Definitely one for those who like a more aggressive razor. I had two weepers, one at the base of my neck and one directly under my chin. Both stemmed themselves before the end of the shave, to give you an idea how minuscule they were.

I decided on alum today and it didn't do much in the way of stinging, which is a plus! I think this razor is going to be a keeper! :D Very efficient leaving me smooth in 95% of places on its first use, in one pass!

Have a good weekend, pawb!

What's your opinion of the scent, please? :)
G'day @Bogeyman well the Stirling Island Man shaving soap is light blue color when you open the lid and the scent smell sweet, not too sweet on my nose it does smell very similar to Palmolive Classic European shave stick mixture with Bay Rum together. I can only smell the bergamot, lime, mandarin, ginger, sugarcane, musk, and rum.

Last edited:
View attachment 25891 S.O.T.D. 10th June

Pre travel shave.

Prep....Shower Olive oil soap face wash
Razor....Colonial Razors - Brass General
Blade....Feather Profesional Super #6
Soap....Saponifico Varesino - Dolomiti
Brush....Semouge 2000
Post....BBA post shave balm
Scent....Aventus oil - Mr perfume

Another fabulous shave with this combo, super smooth and looking good! :) The SV Dolomiti was superb and gave me great protection and slide N glide. Finnished with the BBA post shave balm, all good.
For my scent today I applied a generous amount of Aventus oil so will be smelling sweet all day.

I'm away for a week but I hope to still be able to post.

Have a nice weekend people.......:)
Safe travels!....cheers

Back
Top Bottom