L&L Grooming "After The Rain"
ATT R1 Kronos
Kai (4)
Brad Sears S7 Cocobolo Finest
XXX Splash
97ebdebfe2ea5db028d8a6a6b2d7c65b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Saturday's shave :)

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Wright's Coal-tar soap and BBA Shave Oil.
Razor - ATT SE1 (Bamboo handle).
Blade - Kai Captain Titan Mild (Pink) (day 7).
Soap - BBA Shave Cream.
Brush - Simpsons Duke 2.
Post shave - Myrsol "Metilsol" Astringent After Shave and The Bluebeards Revenge Post Shave Balm.

The shave gods aligned today - possibly best shave of the year. Three passes with no hassles, skin still feels amazing,some hours after the shave.

First time using the BBA Shave Cream - great lather, protective cushion and glide - it was a sample sachet I used, will definitely get a tub of the cream. Not sure what contributed more to the shave: the cream, razor or blade - head says razor, heart says the BBA Shave Cream.

All the best,

Chris

Sat 10th June
RazoRock Syn. 24mm
Tabac
Ever Ready "Jewel" - in box, aka "Streamline"
Gem PTFE [ 2 ]
Alum Rub/ Rinse off
Tabac A/S Lotion

Have noted that some of the new S/S SE Razors using Gem blades are appearing on the Scene. I think that I like many will be passing them by on cost alone, particularly those from over the water as when shipping/ tax is added to the likely selling price, costs are probably sky high. Will the performance be that so much better than the Vintage Razors, using the same blade? Some of the oldies do deliver great shaves when one gets used to them.

To convince myself of this view I used my favourite ER , known by many as the "Streamline". This is a Razor that has mixed reviews, many like the looks but do not enjoy shaving with it. I actually like the weight, probably because I used both the Progress LH & Futur before moving on to SE shaving.I also after a few mishaps learnt the golden rules of SE shaving - no rush, no pressure and let the weight of the Razor do the work. This is of course is in addition to getting a lather that works for you.

So prior to a long day out , I had an early morning Shave having already got my equipment packed and sandwiches made.With the usual good lather that the Tabac provides the shave was smooth and comfortable, and I find the Razor very easy to manoeuvre unlike some of its detractors. For me the finished Shave was as good as those I have attained recently with the likes of the General/Hawk/ Claymore using the AC type blades. I think I must join in on a pass around of one of the New Razors, to see how they compare with the oldies in terms of performance, at my age I do not need a S/S razor to last my lifetime ! If I drop one, a few are waiting in the wings.

IMG_1334.jpg

SOTD:11th june 2017.
2.JPG

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: hot shower:/Cussons Imperial Leather: Peppermint & Eucalyptus Shower Gel .

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits~Rhubarb & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Chinese Synthetic.

Bowl Lather.

Cream: The Body Shop Maca Root.

Blade: Polisiver Super Iridium. (1)

Razor: Merkur 34C.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Peppermint Oil & Witch Hazel Mixture/Benjamins Mentholated Bay Rum.

Gillette A/S Balm.

Greetings,

Another excellent 3 pass +pick ups effortless silky smooth shave to start the day off in style..

The 34C/Polisilver S.I. paired up wonderfully, very smooth & efficient.

Finishing the shave off with a very generous splash of Benjamins Bay Rum.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling devine.

Enjoy your sunday ,ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Sunday

Proraso preshave cream
Nannys Arabian Nights Shaving soap
HJM Blackfibre Brush
Ming Shi 2000S Razor
Treet Durasharp carbon steel blade
Alum block
Men-U Facial moisturiser
Brut Musk AS

A break from the usual Sunday shave due to the arrival of the Ming Shi yesterday. An amazing razor for approx £4. Mine actually cost around £7
as I took the option with the Aluminium Base!
3 pass BBS shave....a great start to the day.

Back
Top Bottom