DSC_0407_zpsvysbrsmj.jpg

DSC_0406_zpszc3expfe.jpg

Two Pass Shaving Routine...:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
Japanese Steel Fuji 1/2 Hollow 6/8th
Mason Pearson Pure Badger
Valobra Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

Lovely Morning Shave with My Japanese Fuji 6/8th 1/2 Hollow..I Maxed this One Out on My Surgical Black Arkie to Around 20 K..Very Sharp & Smooth..A Belter of a Shave..:)

I am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:D

Billy

78661802-ABE6-491F-85CF-249359968CA8_zpsm739eygg.jpg

Pre:
Valobra Glicerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2017 Platypus
Soap: Stirling Margaritas In The Arctic
Razor: Merkur Futur (2)
Blade: Modern Gillette Platinum (1)
EDP: APR The Santal

Three passes, and very close to BBS. The modern Gillette blade is sharp, but not as buttery-smooth as the vintage Wilkie I'd last been using. Still - no complaints.
Lovely slick lather from the Stirling soap. The scent of MITA is citrus with a hint of menthol. Performance-wise, the menthol is quite mild - just a subtle refreshing sensation.
The APR Santal is a one-off. It opens with some serious timber, but in the dry down, a gorgeous pure, creamy sandalwood emerges.
A great finish to a wonderful shave!

Saturday 10th June 2017
sotd 10th June.JPG
Pre Shave: Hot Shower, L'Oreal Pure Power Face Wash and Proraso White
Razor: GEM G Bar
Blade: GEM Stainless coated (#5)
Brush: Maseto 2 band finest 24mm
Soaps: Scottish Fine Soaps
AS: Pure Aloe Vera Gel and Brut Sport Style

Ouch! Serious case of razor burn, maybe a bit of over reaction there. Not had razor burn like this for a long time, 30 minutes after shaving it has now subsided. I am not sure what the culprit was, maybe the GEM blade was past it's best, maybe it was my technique with the G bar, or maybe the soap. This is the first time I have used this razor and the soap, the final result was a very close shave. Next shave with this razor will be with a new blade and a soap or cream I know.

For my first shave with the 1924, is used a GEM Stainless with 12 shaves. This did not give me a true representation of the Razor. I did a lot of buffing to get to my level of smoothness, which leaves me with some irritation. I lathered the HeV Cognac and Cuban Cigars with an Omega 10005 and finsihed with Nivea Cool Kick ASB, and Brut AS & Cologne. I will have to wait for my new Gem Stainless PTFE blades before I use any of my other SE razors. Have a blessed day gentlemen.
1wad6sv.png

Saturday 10th June 2017
View attachment 25904
Pre Shave: Hot Shower, L'Oreal Pure Power Face Wash and Proraso White
Razor: GEM G Bar
Blade: GEM Stainless coated (#5)
Brush: Maseto 2 band finest 24mm
Soaps: Scottish Fine Soaps
AS: Pure Aloe Vera Gel and Brut Sport Style

Ouch! Serious case of razor burn, maybe a bit of over reaction there. Not had razor burn like this for a long time, 30 minutes after shaving it has now subsided. I am not sure what the culprit was, maybe the GEM blade was past it's best, maybe it was my technique with the G bar, or maybe the soap. This is the first time I have used this razor and the soap, the final result was a very close shave. Next shave with this razor will be with a new blade and a soap or cream I know.
Unlikely to be the blade or razor, as you're used to SE technique. More likely the soap, keep the bowl.

For my first shave with the 1924, is used a GEM Stainless with 12 shaves. This did not give me a true representation of the Razor. I did a lot of buffing to get to my level of smoothness, which leaves me with some irritation. I lathered the HeV Cognac and Cuban Cigars with an Omega 10005 and finsihed with Nivea Cool Kick ASB, and Brut AS & Cologne. I will have to wait for my new Gem Stainless PTFE blades before I use any of my other SE razors. Have a blessed day gentlemen.
1wad6sv.png
You will have great and smooth shaves with the GEM PTFE blades. ;)

Saturday

Proraso preshave (green)
Palmolive Cream
HMJ Black Fibre Brush
Schick E2 (Personna #4)
Witch Hazel
Homemade Buttermix
Osage Rub

Shave was OK....but nothing special. The blade I was using is one from a cassette I have had for quite a few years.
Stubble is now appearing too quickly and I have to use some pressure and buffing to get the required result. Think
I will bin the rest of them and use new stock.

Back
Top Bottom