S.O.T.D. Saturday 11th May to Friday 17th May 2013

Liz Earle Clense&Polish
E Shave White Tea
EJ Best
Merkur 15 OC
Astra sp
Refinery Post Shave.

Nice Close one today.The little 15 is a cracker of a razor and more user friendly
than my Goodfella open comb.

John said:
Dr Dulcamara said:
Hi Doc,I think Martin would be interested in trying that soap, I wager he's dribbling over your nice photo like.....No lets not go there shall we:angel:

Martin, Martin, calling Martin. Are you there Martin? OVER.
:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:
[/quote]

Oh great, we got a shaving tag team here,

So the both of you are playing hardball eh? Well, I did notice that damn soap picture earlier and figured it was gonna be a great shave for the Good Doctor, which it was.

So then I got up and unzipped the plastic bag in the arsenal that holds the two small #88 soaps and I almost ending up getting one wet today. It was touch and go there, but in the end I resisted the enabling vibes. It's that love/hate thing going on with the scent. Performance wise I know it's excellent.

Sheeesh

Last night's (10/05):

pm07AIw.jpg

Musgo Real Glycerin Lime Soap
Village Barber Oil
Polished Weber with Astra SP
Mitchell's Wool Fat
Duke 2 Pure
Barbershop Bay Rum

BBS and effortless yet again with the Weber.

Today's:

BHtgudV.jpg

Musgo Real Glycerin Lime Soap
Merkur 38C with Astra SP
TOBS Grapefruit
Erasmic Supreme Bristle
Krampert's Bay Rum

I don't know if it is due to the similarities between the razors but both the Merkur and Weber gave totally effortless BBS shaves. I have been incredibly fortunate to get these as lends as I'd tried neither make before this week and must say that they both seem superb! End of my vintage days?

Sunday 12th April

Prep: Hot Shower
Brush: New Forest 2213 Silvertip
Cream: TOBS Rose
Razor: EJ89
Blade: Lord Super Chrome (2) single shim

Wow. My best shave to date. Had a bit of difficulty with the brush, as it's my first badger, and seems very different to my well used Omega 10065, because it is. It will take a bit of getting used to but it is lovely and soft, and I look forward to using it again! It improved after a couple of test lathers, and I can't wait to use it again, it's a gorgeous brush. I think I can claim my first truly BBS shave today! Felt so good I didn't bother with the alum, or witch hazel, and just slapped on some Bay Rum. That's a new acquisition too, and it really is fantastic. I can see what all the hype is about! I keep getting whiffs of Bay Rum as I type this, it's just lovely.

Very happy indeed!

Razor: Filarmonica #14 SubCero
Brush: Simpson Commodore x3
Cream: Dr.Harris Marlborough
ASB: Bulldog
EDT: Boss Soul

After a long fridaynight with BBQ, friends, alot of beer and late hours, i today woke up feeling like double my age. So after struggling getting up from bed i took a long shower and a good shave that made me feel my true age again :p

DSC00282_zpsd7f03860.jpg

saturday -

*Tabac - (1st guest soap apperance!)
*Merkur 43C
*Isana boar brush

warm water face wash
Polsilver SI (4)
witch hazel/alcohado glacial mix
aloe vera moisturiser

i smelled someone wearing Tabac while i was out and about so that prompted me to change from the erasmic cream. i love the scent. it performed well but i may have over applied the soap as my skin was very dry afterwards. not the smoothest shave as i pushed the blade to 4.

have organised my blade rotation for my new regime. in future i will have a week of shaves (every other day) with the Polsilver SI, gillette 7 o'clock yellows, superthins and 7 0'clock greens so i can see how they compare.

SmallBeard said:
Sunday 12th April

Wow. My best shave to date. Had a bit of difficulty with the brush, as it's my first badger, and seems very different to my well used Omega 10065, because it is. It will take a bit of getting used to but it is lovely and soft, and I look forward to using it again! It improved after a couple of test lathers, and I can't wait to use it again, it's a gorgeous brush. I think I can claim my first truly BBS shave today! Felt so good I didn't bother with the alum, or witch hazel, and just slapped on some Bay Rum. That's a new acquisition too, and it really is fantastic. I can see what all the hype is about! I keep getting whiffs of Bay Rum as I type this, it's just lovely.

Very happy indeed!
Congrats on the shave, sounds like you've found shaving nirvana, :) I've often said that a good brush can make or brake a good shave, an interestingly over looked bit of kit some times :):)

Sunday:
No shave for me but I'm off to my Old Dear's house to give my step Dad a shave who is struggling with some mental and physical disabilities.

Gillette Blue II
Semogue Owners' Club brush (that's his own brush, by the way)
Palmolive Cream

Sunday:

Mitchell's Wool Fat
Semogue SOC Boar
#15 Aristocrat
Gillette 7 o'clock SharpEdge
Witch Hazel
Pinaud Vanilla

Very nice, quite a bit of stubble to clear. Job done.

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Pensoftheforest/Rod Neep custom
Razor: Iwasaki
Soap: Floris
AS: Floid Blue
Edt: Penhaligon's Castile
Result: Very, very clean indeed :D

Starting to really like this kamisori, very relaxing and easy shaving compared to my others :D

John said:
SmallBeard said:
Sunday 12th April

Very happy indeed!
Congrats on the shave, sounds like you've found shaving nirvana, :) I've often said that a good brush can make or brake a good shave, an interestingly over looked bit of kit some times :):)

Thanks John!

Lets hope it wasn't a one off. I was happy with my shaves before, so this was a total accident. If I don't get BBS again, I won't be disappointed though, it just feels like more of an accomplishment when you get BBS :)

I think I can still smell very faintly the bay rum, it comes and goes, but it smells just so good.

Nice bit of faceturbating this morning, not the Urban Dictionary kind though!

SmallBeard said:
John said:
SmallBeard said:
Sunday 12th April

Very happy indeed!

Thanks John!

Lets hope it wasn't a one off. I was happy with my shaves before, so this was a total accident. If I don't get BBS again, I won't be disappointed though, it just feels like more of an accomplishment when you get BBS :)

I think I can still smell very faintly the bay rum, it comes and goes, but it smells just so good.

Nice bit of faceturbating this morning, not the Urban Dictionary kind though!

LOL Lets hope that your BSS repeats it's self :) sometimes things just click into place like a jigsaw puzzle and the picture becomes Crystal clear a True "So this is what I've been missing things" and you've achieved it all on your own, can't beat that feeling of self achievement. :icon_razz:

Greetings

Sunday 12th May 2013
Prep: Shower
Razor: Star 1912
Blade: GEM Stainless Coated
Brush: Semogue 830 Boar
Soap : Tweex Stick grated into a container
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)

A really nice close shave, this razor was a 99 pence buy from e-bay, not a perfect specimen by a very long way but it shaves wonderfully.

Regards
Dick.

DSC04293.JPG

TallPaul: I would definitely counsel anyone wanting to come from a DE to start on the guard blades. Worth it for the confidence alone.

Yesterday evening, before going to a dinner party:

Prep: Cold rinse
Razor: Kropp 6/8" in marble resin, restored by UKRob
Brush: Simpson Major in best
Soap: Nanny's Ice & Slice (soft)
Scent: Penhaligon's Endymion

First time I've used this soap since the turn of the year, but the combination of warm evening and tiny brush made it right. A lovely scent and a good shave.

Back
Top Bottom