Greetings

Friday 17th May 2013
Prep: Shower
Razor: Schick L1
Blade: Gillette Twinjector NOS vintage
Brush: Burma Shave Boar
Soap: Speick Stick grated into a container
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)

A super smooth finish but an awful shave.

Martin (Dodgy) very kindly sent me this razor and these blades from the states.
The very first stroke I nicked a mole on my cheek which throughout the rest of the shave bled profusely, the blood running down my cheek and dripping off my jaw! As the shave progressed along I managed to get three tiny weepers.

All of this is nothing whatsoever to do with the razor which is mild and easy to use and everything to do with these really weird blades and my heavy handed technique. These blades are really sharp but at the same time tug like mad, which I suspect may be caused by having two cutting edges only about 1mm apart, so double the friction in nearly the same area.

I suspect these blades were in their day very expensive to manufacture and perhaps that is why they did not survive. I will not give up but will come back to these after my mole has healed!

I must sound like a really ungrateful bugger but I am just not yet 'man enough' for these blades.

Regards
Dick.

DSC04317.JPG

I'd be happy to swap your remaining ones for whatever you fancy I might have!

Razor: Heljestrand MK30 TShell
Brush: Vintage mini Plisson Badger
Cream: T&H Grafton
AS: Clubman

Today i went with my smalest razor and brush :) it was fun. i did 3 passes, didnt think this little brush could hold that amount of lather but sure did. and result is clean as a whistel

mk30a_zps93d1b92e.jpg

Prep: Proraso White
Soap: Proraso Green
Brush: NF Tubby 1
Razor: Weber DLC/UFO U2

Quick shave but satisfying after a couple of days growth and feeling a bit ill.

Mr.Magnus said:
Razor: Heljestrand MK30 TShell
Brush: Vintage mini Plisson Badger
Cream: T&H Grafton
AS: Clubman

Today i went with my smalest razor and brush :) it was fun. i did 3 passes, didnt think this little brush could hold that amount of lather but sure did. and result is clean as a whistel

mk30a_zps93d1b92e.jpg

Nice razors them, used my 29 yesterday small but perfectly formed :)

Back
Top Bottom