Hot Towel
Triple M - The Glacier Oil
Palmolive Stick
Omega 49
Merkur 39C
Feather Hi-Stainless (1)
Cold Towel

AdobePhotoshopExpress_f1be53bc0da24d28a71c5a2069364c64.jpg

Today I wanted a sharp shave after yesterdays unpleasant Personna experience (duller than dish water). So I loaded up the 39C with a fresh Feather and prepared with a hot towel and preshave oil. I decided I'd pinch the wife's Omega 49 given it was in the bathroom. It absolutely obliterated the Palmolive stick and produced a huge amount of lather. It is a monster brush, and lathered the face in seconds. I went WTG/XTG/ATG in typical fashion, producing a brilliant shave. My skin feels clean and smooth, unlike yesterday. It definitely pays to use a Feather every now and then, especially when you want a close shave with minimal fuss.

Result? 5/5. Superb shave, sharp, close, clean, smooth. Don't fear the Feather, use a feather light touch and you'll be fine. The clue is in the name.

Dr. Squatch Pine Tar Exfoliating Soap Bar
Erasmic Shaving Soap (in an Old Spic Shaving Mug)
Markus Herber 26mm HMW Aluminium Brush
Gillette Tech P4
Sputnik DE Classic Blade
Boots Freshwood Aftershave

For September 14th:
Razor - Schick J3 – “Golden 500”
Stainless Soap - Mentolated Vintage Willams
Blade - 1960s Vintage Personna Vydax Coated
Brush - TSD Russian Leather 2X Menthol

20857930478_f67b78545d_b.jpg

For September 15th:
Razor - Schick L – “The Grip”
Brush - Ever Ready C40 w/TGN 3 Band Synthetic 24/53 mm Brush
Blade - 1960s Vintage Personna Vydax Coated
Stainless Soap - TSD Russian Leather 2X Menthol

20859033389_54bdc48bea_b.jpg

Schick Type D Injector...:p
DSC_0134_zpsyxoq68w5.jpg

14/09/15
Three Pass Shaving Routine....:rolleyes:

Hot Water prep & massage with Coconut Oil
Schick Type D Injector
NOS Dutch Made Schick Super Stainless Injector Blade (New)
Semogue Boar Brush
Palmolive Shaving Cream (added Argan oil)
Organic Aloe Vera Gel
LOGONA Man Aftershave Splash (From Germany)

The Schick Type D is up there with the F Type for me...These Two Injectors are the "Schick Crown Jewels" for me...They are two different animals of course but one is as efficient as the other....I normally use an NOS Schick Krona Blade in the D Type but I opted for one of these NOS Dutch made Super stainless Blades that I acquired recently and I must say that I had the shave of my life .....I could have walked away with 2 passes and no touch up....I did a light 3rd pass for a lovely all over BBS Result....I feel as if the wind has blown away my whiskers....The D Type is so comfortable with these Dutch made injector blades....I actually prefer these blades to NOS Schick Platinum Plus Blades as they are so smooth and forgiving...o_O

And the Cherry on the Cake was my favourite LOGONA Man Aftershave Splash ....This stuff is very refreshing and also provides a moistening effect on the skin....I highly recommend this stuff as its all natural and chemical free.... :p

Billy

Back
Top Bottom