De Vergulde Hand - Extra Fresh
Semogue 620
General w/Rocnel Handle
Feather Pro Super #3
Rinse > Alum > Rinse
Blue Stratos A/S
Lacura Body Moisturiser
82GPzLC.jpg

Curiosity got the better of me, so had to try the General with a heavier handle. I was rewarded with an excellent comfortable shave. Was it better than the original handle? I won't commit myself as I've got to get more General shaves under my belt.

Great shaves to you :)

Palmolive stick 1 pass, Cyril R Salter Wild Rose 1 pass.
Body Shop brush.
Niazi Solingen 5/8 1/2-hollow 1908.
Nivea ASB.
Mancera Cedrat Boise sample.

Palmolive was good but I fancied a bit of a treat mid-shave so whapped out the tub of Cyril R Slater. Nice shave, bit of razor burn after some time off but settled down already only 3-hours post-shave. I will tame my ham-fistedness next time, I promise.

Thurs 19th Jan

RazoRock Plissoft 24mm
Speick Active
General SE
Kai Titan mild [ 8 ]
Alum rub /rinse off
Tabac A/S Lotion

After an unsatisfactory outing with The General, had to make amends. The Cheeks & Neck were OK, but harsh and tuggy on the Chin /Upper Lip.
This time was careful to employ short strokes in these areas, and as a consequence achieved a really smooth and comfortable shave , with an excellent all round finish. Perhaps will try it with a S/S handle, as I am quite partial to
using a heavier Razor.

IMG_1119.jpg

Thursday 19 January 2017

SOTD-19012017.jpg

My Very First Mastro Livi

In this cold day I wanted to use my very first Mastro Livi straght razor and brush. It is now almost four years I have this straight razor and I am literally amazed by the performance of its shave. In four years I have never honed or refreshed its edge and it still shaves like the first time. I simply used Mastro Livi loom strop and hand palm stropping which are both revealing to be the ultimate "tools" for ordinary maintenance of the edge and forget about hones and stones! Simply amazing! The shave brush is nothing less in terms of quality: a very good handle perfectly fitting my hand and a super silvertip badger with an excellent performance and backbone. As for the rest, my pre-shave oil and shaving soap did the rest to make this shave pleasurable and the touch of Denim White aftershave has been perfect in giving refreshing sensation.​

• Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: RazorGuy Shaving Soap
  • Brush: Mastro Livi Silvertip Badger, Makassar Ebony Handle, 26mm Knot
  • Bowl: Bamboo Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Medium Loom Strop "Coramella Italiana" and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi Blue Tongue Damasteel, 7/8 Full Hollow, Livi Point
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Umbrian Extravirgin Olive Oil
  • After Shave: Denim White

Back
Top Bottom