Plisson Synthetic brush
L'Occitane Cade cream
Gerbault razor
Personna Red blade
Brut Dominant aftershave
Marlowe 144 balm

ae3649dbcfdae0d18908a94835d2780f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi, I love the look of your razor, is it from the 1930s or 40s? It is very elegant ...very French ? I think this is the first of this type I have seen.

View attachment 23119 SOTD Tuesday 17th January

Razor..Gibbs adjustable
Blade..Gillette Rubie #2
Soap..B&M Leviathan
Brush..Omega 48
Post..Thayers AF Lavender WH
AS..Tabac

A great shave from the Gibbs/Rubie combo, the Barrister and Mann soap preformed well and has a great scent.

Untill the next time.......
What happend with Gibbs's handle?

Poslano sa mog EVA-L19 koristeći Tapatalk

I agree, a most underrated razor, as for the handle.... that is just something I cobbled together untill I get a custom handle made for me by one of the members on this fourm, it does the job for now! :)
Gibbs is one of the finest razor ever! I love mine!
Don't know about you, but on N settings this razor is The Razor.

What happend with Gibbs's handle?

This one I bought without the plastic handle....I have three altogether now 15, 17 and this one with no numbering on the bottom, just " Gibbs" I made up this handle untill a better replacement can be made.
As for the settings I like this razor on five or six depending what blade I am using. :)

Tuesday AM 2017-01-17

Moss Anniversary Slate scuttle/Floris towel
Paladin Lotus
Floris Elite shaving soap (tallow) + Floris Elite shaving cream (vintage)
Feather AS-D2/Stork Aristocrat 2 Titanium
Wilkinson Light Brigade (9)
Floris Elite aftershave (vintage)

The Lotus is a wonderful brush, heftier and fuller than the Chief and Falstaff but still with very soft tips. Although the superlather is good, the Elite soap and cream both make such great lather that I think I'll alternate them in the future rather than combining. And the Stork handle is virtually ideal, with beautiful style, comfort, and light weight.
26VP0LD.jpg

This one I bought without the plastic handle....I have three altogether now 15, 17 and this one with no numbering on the bottom, just " Gibbs" I made up this handle untill a better replacement can be made.
As for the settings I like this razor on five or six depending what blade I am using. :)
As I know, if there is no numbering on the bottom, then must be No17.

I'm very curious about replacment handle! Show us when arrive.

Hi, I love the look of your razor, is it from the 1930s or 40s? It is very elegant ...very French ? I think this is the first of this type I have seen.
Thank you! I'm not sure of the date but it is from France. I suspect it's from the early 30's to early 40's, pre war. That would be my guess. It's a great razor, but is aggressive.

55cad7661a8b15e3ac611007a887fd20.jpg

Real old school feel to my shave tonight with the Gillette tech, Mitchell's wool fat soap and brut.

Used a feather in the tech as I found personna in there just too mild. Best results I've ever had with the feather but do feel I could do with a blade that's between the two. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom