S.O.T.D Saturday 14th October - Friday 20th October 2017

Pal Injecto-matic, Kai Mild. Superb shave. Easy two passer.
7dcd40ef0f3951a54db86146213348cf.jpg

Sunday 15th October

Groomed Facial Scrub
Vitos Preshave Cream
Arko Commando Cream
Muhle Large Silvertip Fibre Brush
Turkish Hammered Copper Bowl
Muhle 1904 Pattern OC with a Permasharp Blade
Alum Block and Rinse
Arko Classic Cream
Arko Gold AS/Cologne

Post night duty shave....and it has a Turkish theme. The razor was purchased from Muhle before they started collaborating with Edwin Jagger to produce their current range of razors. Three passes for a BBS shave.

My weekend starts now as I have the next 2 days off:D

Last edited:
Sun 15th October
RazoRock Syn. 24mm
P & B Spitfire
ES Claymore V1 / Windrose handle
Schick Proline [ 6 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
Massimo Dutti A/S lotion

Decided to try a lighter Handle on the Claymore , which seemed to improve the handling quite a bit,especially when working on the neck'
Though compared with some other modern SEs it appears quite chunky,from the outset I have always managed to get good trouble free shaves with it. Today was no exception, and having been out for the day I still feel pretty clean shaven.

IMG_0019.jpg

Last edited:
SOTN

Pre shave
Hot shower

Razor
Feather as d2

Blade
Gillette Silver Blue (2nd use)

Brush
Wolf whiskers 25mm black wolf fan

Shaving cream
The traditional shaving company Limes

Post shave
Thayers Witch hazel lemon
Nivea 2phase aftershave lotion

First use of the traditional shaving company Limes shaving cream, did a face lather and I must say my initial opinion is that it's a very good cream, slick and cushiony maybe not as slick as the likes of Wickhams and Wholly Kaw but to give it a fair chance it was supposed to be compared to tobs or similar, the only tobs I've used is Jermyn Street and I'd say it's very close in performance and if there is any difference it's not much !!

Shave of the week again...

Pre: Kiehls face wash
Razor: Gillette proglide
Brush: Simpsons Chubby Synthetic
Cream: TFH No10

Seems the attraction of an electric has passed so decided to get my favourite cream out for this weeks shaving.

Very tempted to dip my toe back into cold water shaving.

Off to Fortnum and Mason for afternoon tea tomorrow as a birthday treat for the Mrs, so TFH was a no brainer!

Have a great week all!

Sunday evening

Thought I'd try an OCtober number tonight...

Soap - Tabac Original
Brush - RazoRock Plissoft 24mm
Face lather
Razor - Fa Tip Piccolo
Blade - Astra SP #1
Post - Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
After shave - Tabac Original

An effortless shave tonight. The Fa Tip often gets compared to the Muhle R41, as the aggressive buggers of DE land. I haven't tried the R41, but the Piccolo is just efficient. Not harsh or biting. Usual rules of good prep, not rushing and no pressure has resulted in BBS, no irritation and a great Tabac post-shave feel.
IMG_0257.JPG

When you want to move that brush on Wayne I will be more than happy to give it a new home, don't worry, I will remind you every couple of days! :) just incase you change your mind. :)
Paul.
Hi Paul,

There lies the problem. I can't sell it due to its awesometisity!
A new word I know but one that would only describe its awesomeness.

I can't think for one minute that I would bombard somebody to try and sell a brush they did not want to.
Honest guv! :p:D

Have a lovely week mate and take care, ;)
Wayne. :)

Pre: DR Harris Coconut Bar, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Semogue Owners Club Boar
Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch
Razor: Merkur Futur (2)
Blade: German Shick (1)
EDP: APR Suitably Attired Australian
Traveling again - this time a long way from home. Whilst the photo shows the Schick Premium (Wilkie Classic) plastic fantastic razor, I changed my mind at the last moment and loaded up my Futur. Three comfortable passes for a DFS+ with no claret. The audible feedback from the German Schick blade was really loud; I'd rate it as a good all-rounder blade. Didn't get me as class as other combos, but quite smooth and no nicks or weepers. Flying the flag for Aussie products over here with the APR fragrance.

Back
Top Bottom