S.O.T.D Saturday 14th October - Friday 20th October 2017

How you getting on with those Gillette blades I sent?

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk
I have only had a go with the silver blues you sent and I did have a couple of other packs of silver blues, but I am finding lately that they seem to have had that much glue on during packing that it's gone all over the blade edge so as much as I like the shave I get with them the consistency of they quality is putting me off, as soon as I try the others you sent I will let you know though I only shave every other day so it's taking a while to get through them but I'm looking forward to trying them

I have only had a go with the silver blues you sent and I did have a couple of other packs of silver blues, but I am finding lately that they seem to have had that much glue on during packing that it's gone all over the blade edge so as much as I like the shave I get with them the consistency of they quality is putting me off, as soon as I try the others you sent I will let you know though I only shave every other day so it's taking a while to get through them but I'm looking forward to trying them
I found the same with all Gillette blades, glue all over the place.

17-10-2017

ce1a4901c2ef90588cd55a3d9067299d.jpg

First straight razor shave and it went smoothly... I was extra cautious and didn't want to make any mistake by being overconfident and cocky. The results were not great but I enjoyed it nonetheless and I think that I know how to improve for next tries. Baby steps!

Greetings All,

Wednesday shave.

One growth and warm shave

Preparation – face washed with Clique Liquid facial soap (mild)

Pre: None
Soap: P&B Spitfire
Razor: Rockwell 6C (3P)
Blade: Shark SS (4th)
Brush: Razorock 400 (face lather)

Post Shave: Hot then cold water rinse, a shower and to conclude Proraso Aftershave Red then Nivea Sensitive Cooling.

Again, a P&B soap felt like putting on an old, comfortable jacket. My Razorock 400 whipped up a lovely lather with the perfect amount of water. 3 passes, no touch ups and slicker than Vicki Michelle's stockings.

Cheers,

Brian

~ Shave of the Day - 18.10.2017 ~

Pre - Face Wash / Proraso Pre Shave Cream
Razor - Rockwell 2C (R3)
Blade - Rapira Platinum Lux (2)
Brush - RazoRock Ivory 22
Soap - Proraso Eucalyptus & Menthol
Post - Hot & Cold Water Rinse /
Proraso Eucalyptus & Menthol Aftershave
raso.jpg
man that woke me up my face is freezing haven't done a full proraso green shave on a morning for a while its great stuff so is the white one I should use them more really , the platinum lux blade felt great in the Rockwell I'm super smooth again ...... Wishing you all a Good Day :D

18/10/17

Brush - Omega 80265
Soap - 3P
Razor - De89
Blade - Baili Super Blue (5)
Post - Witch Hazel

I was planning to use Vitos Green all this week but I have decided to make this week's shaves to compare the Italian croaps I have and today's shave I used 3P which I think I might prefer to Vitos Red.
The Baili Super Blue has smoothed out with no sign of the roughness characteristic of the blade for the first few shaves.

First real use of the latest Personal Barber subscription which came in the post on Monday.

Lucky Tiger face wash
Edwin Jagger pre shave
Edwin Jagger best badger brush
Delicate Owl Lavender soap
The Personal Barber razor
Treet Black blade
RazoRock Dead Sea AS

A mixed shave really. Treet blade was excellent smooth no nicks cuts or irritation. The soap is strange though. Not much cushion but plenty of slickness. The smell is nice (I do not normally like Lavender), quite subtle.

I did not use the Shave Balm which came with the kit, I am using that as a moisturiser as it is working well with acne. Really takes them down so I think I'll buy that when it runs out. Only downside is it is quite greasy and takes a long time to absorb.

Back
Top Bottom