S.O.T.D. Saturday 16th July to Friday 22nd July 2016

Simpson Wee Scot shaving brush / Foroafeitado 2016 shaving cream / J. A. Henckels Friodur 72-V straight razor / Myrsol Metilsol aftershave lotion

3b9f0cb61e8dfc0f16e1fd5926047085.jpg

Hot Towel, OSP UKWSS Soap, Cadman 26mm Silvertip Brush, RazoRock Bazooka, Astra SP (8), OSP UKWSS Splash

A lovely cooling shave this morning, and the blade is smooth as butter. Day 8 and improving!

View attachment 19716
Hot Towel, OSP UKWSS Soap, Cadman 26mm Silvertip Brush, RazoRock Bazooka, Astra SP (8), OSP UKWSS Splash

A lovely cooling shave this morning, and the blade is smooth as butter. Day 8 and improving!
Great picture Nick.

Memories, Menthol & Generosity

This week on the shaving front has been a fortuitous one based on the generosity of others. Knowing I have a love of menthol, a friend has loaned me the Phoenix & Beau Denali soap. I can hold onto it for a few shaves. Additionally, the generosity of a TSR member saw me receive a vintage face cloth as a PIF. A gift from someone I have never met.

Hot day in this here Parish required a hot towel pre-shave - followed by a full on menthol assault right through to the post shave. Lovely and refreshing. Complemented with cold water along the way.

The soap is a lovely thing. Having contributed to a thread where I said I hadn't tried an artisan soap that agreed with me; I'm happy to revisit that statement, and say that this is may be my first. See @nick_s Youtube review for a fantastic assessment of the scent, performance and chill.

On a final note; having made a comment about the face cloth stirring a long since lost memory of my late dad, along came the PIF. Utter generosity from within this shaving community. Vive La TSR. Makes me proud to be a member here. Thank you for the gesture.

Best wishes, Richard

5d1de6e65c30be3b3b9e015f3dfe8f15.jpg

Last edited:
And for this evening my theme was 'Bakewell Tarts and Liver Birds'

Merkur Futur (3) c/w Feather blade
Muhle synthetic brush
Cella Crema Da Barba
Organic Witch Hazel
Dove moisturiser
ADP Colonia (sample)
And........a cuddly dapper looking Teddy

A return to my first proper DE with the Futur and not one I usually reach for as it is not the easiest of razors to use (oversized and can refuse to glide),but...........a wonderful jelly fish smooth shave.

The Cella is my first outing and what a gorgeous cream (croap? something else?) this is. Lathers up wonderfully and it really does smell like shaving with a Bakewell tart. I can forgive this part because as a something in a tub, pure brilliance.

A shave I could eat............and my Scouse wife agrees

Thursday 21st July 2016.
  • ov.jpg

• My shaving recipe of the day.
  • tepid warm shower: Wrights coal tar body soap / dove face & hair shower gel/ warm wet flannel to my face.
  • Razor:Jagen David B30.
  • Blade: Wilkinson sword (original) (2)
  • Brush: Wilkinson Sword (finest bristle)
  • Cream: Nivea men originals +4 drops of glycerin in mixing bowl.
  • Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.
  • Witch Hazel.
  • A/S Brut.
My Jagen David gave me such a wonderful shave yesterday i've used it again this morning , with the same wilkinson sword blade..excellent BBS shave,,what more can i ask for...enjoy your day.:)

Last edited:
Awww go on then I'll have a shave..

Pre : Caffeine! Some say a neurotoxin I say give me a f***ing coffee
Razor : Tech from Gillette
Brush: "Classic" 1 Best Badger from the Simpson family
Blade: Ouch! Those Voskhod blades are teflon coated and terrific!
A/S: COLD water and Alum blockage
Post: I got a letter about giving money to some organization to stop donkeys going blind in Pakistan. Oh and I slapped my face to prove I exist.

Have a great day my brethren!!!

Back
Top Bottom