S.O.T.D. Saturday 16th July to Friday 22nd July 2016

20160722_SOTDS_zpsmzke4ak7.jpg

Pre-Shave: Cypriotian Olive/Argan Oil soap, cold water
Razor: Wolfman SB-P WRH-2
Blade: Ladas (2)
Brush: Doug Korn Epsilon 2-band
Lather: Barrister & Mann Cheshire
Post-shave: Alum, Barrister & Man Kyovu Original, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​
Not only do you some great kit you take stunning photos

Having problems with uploading a picture but my shave kit today is feather artist club Japanese style razor ss, the fat, and a omega boar brush.
And the shave was fantastic bb smooth with no irritation what so ever, finished off with theayers witch-hazel and a splash of aqua classica. Good morning to you all

Travelling light in Florence just now (hand luggage only) so didn't want any security issues with the kit. Packed the basics (Omega Mixed Midget and Palmolive stick (50p!). Thought I might pick up a cheap DE but could only get some Gillette Blue 2 blade disposables. So...

Pre: Shower
Brush, soap and razor as above

Soaked the soap at the same time as the brush. Rubbed the soap over my pan and set to work with brush. Pleasantly surprised...plenty slick lather; enough for 3 passes and a squidge for touching up...plus a DFS from the Blues!
Incidentally, as you'd expect, the Proraso gear across here is cheap and plentiful...anyone used the plastic silver handled boar brush? Packaged by Proraso but maybe made by Omega.

All the best, everyone.

Travelling light in Florence just now (hand luggage only) so didn't want any security issues with the kit. Packed the basics (Omega Mixed Midget and Palmolive stick (50p!). Thought I might pick up a cheap DE but could only get some Gillette Blue 2 blade disposables. So...

Pre: Shower
Brush, soap and razor as above

Soaked the soap at the same time as the brush. Rubbed the soap over my pan and set to work with brush. Pleasantly surprised...plenty slick lather; enough for 3 passes and a squidge for touching up...plus a DFS from the Blues!
Incidentally, as you'd expect, the Proraso gear across here is cheap and plentiful...anyone used the plastic silver handled boar brush? Packaged by Proraso but maybe made by Omega.

All the best, everyone.
Yes I have the plastic proraso boar brush made by omega, silvered Finnish, light handle but otherwise very good indeed for the price. How do you feel about it?
Enjoy your holiday.

Friday 22nd July 2016.IMG_20160721_201920.jpg
  • My shaving recipe of the day.
  • tepid warm shower: Palmolive body soap / dove face & hair shower gel/ warm wet flannel to my face.
  • Razor:Jagen David B30.
  • Blade: Wilkinson sword (original) (3)
  • Brush: Erasmic (pure bristle)
  • Cream: Erasmic lather fac cream +4 drops of glycerin in mixing bowl.
  • Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.
  • Witch Hazel.
  • A/S Avon wilderness
  • The end of the week shave has been another brillaint one the wilkinson sword blade has showed no signs of dragging..excellent blades..today my Parker 24c along with some Arko (fresh) aftershave balm is arriving from Ebay,"hopefully".. so Tomorrow's shave will be with a new set up...have a great day.;)

Still trying out the Exec Shaving Company Natural Shaving Cream...

Very similar shave to last 2 or 3...this time used good old Proraso pre-shave with the ESC Natural Cream.

Braveheart handle + EJ89 + Voskhod (3)
Razorock Plissoft
Fine American Blend after shave - fast becoming a favourite
GFT Lime Skin Food balm

shave.jpg

A very good shave. I've come to the conclusion that the ESC Natural Cream is a good one - I did get a good close shave and no burn this morning. the main variable was the use of Proraso pre-shave cream instead of the ESC Lime pre-shave oil. Thinking about it, I don't think I've really liked any pre-shave oils...much prefer the creams.

Fri 22nd July
RazoRock Plissoft 22mm
De Vergulde Hand Soap
Schick M45 Dial Adjustable
Schick Modern Twin [ 1 - Japan ]
Alum Rub/Rinse Off
Jaguar Prestige A/S Lotion

My First use of a modern Twin blade in the adjustable. My first impression was that it felt extremely effective at removing stubble , but also very smooth. Was more than impressed by the initial performance of the razor/blade combination , will see how it goes to determine whether or not this is the ideal replacement for the NOS twins, which are hard to find.

IMG_0760.jpg

Back
Top Bottom