Wednesday 21st June 2017
Prep: Shower
Razor: Ming Shi (Futur Clone)
Blade: Bic Chrome Platinum
Brush: Vulfix / L'Occitane Plisson
Soap: Vitos Extra Super
Aftershave: Astral Cream (soft)
EDP: L'Instant De Guerlain Pour Homme

A truly odd shave, this Chinese Futur clone produced a perfect finish but I never felt connected with the process. I mean by this that there was very little feeling of the blade cutting stubble and I never felt in control; as a result I nicked one of my two prominent moles! IMHO this is a perfectly decent super value razor but will take a bit of getting used to, I tried it on settings 1, 3 and 6 and even on six I felt little face/razor contact......odd.

Regards
Dick.

21.6.17.JPG

Last edited:
SOTD 20170621

u0xhhlO.jpg

Brush: J&T® black walnut / APShaveCo synthetic STF 26 mm.
Shaving soap: Scheermonnik "Delfts Wit".
Razor: ATT SE1 (aluminum).
Blade: Kai Titan Mild (5).
After shave: Cella after shave lotion.

First shave with this Scheermonnik soap: very nice soap ... ;)

Refreshing for something so hyped to live up to lofty expectations[emoji191]

Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary Soap
Wolfman Stainless Steel Polished WRH7 0.67 Razor
Personna 74 Blade (1)
Morris & Forndran 28mm Blonde Badger Butterscotch Polo
Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary Balm

81420706fee72dc13da98e5a2c9b2251.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
For those of you who have been lying awake at night wondering where I've been,...I can assure you that the trout population of England, whilst not yet on the WWF's endangered list, is now severely depleted.
Sun's out,....lounging on the terrace, catching the rays.
Oh, by the way, if you're hankering after the latest Wolfless TimeATT Option polished platinum razor, skip the waiting list, they won't give you a better shave than that pre-war Tech,.....Try to stay cool:)
IMG_0183-2.JPG '

21/07/17

Pre Shave - RSC Facial Scrub
Soap - Proraso Green
Brush - Omega S10065
Razor - YingJili Tech
Blade - German Wilkinson Sword
Post Shave - Witch Hazel

The German Wilkinson was one of the first blades I used and at the at the time I absolutely despised it so I gave it another go now that my technique has improved. Pleased I gave it another go, with the YJ Tech it produced a very nice mild shave, that only didn't seem to be sharp enough for the third pass shaving the underside of my jaw.

Last edited:
21/07/17

Pre Shave - RSC Facial Scrub
Soap - Proraso Green
Brush - Omega S10065
Razor - YingJili Tech
Blade - German Wilkinson Sword
Post Shave - Witch Hazel

The German Witch Hazel was one of the first blades I used and at the at the time I absolutely despised it so I gave it another go now that my technique has improved. Pleased I gave it another go, with the YJ Tech it produced a very nice mild shave, that only didn't seem to be sharp enough for the third pass shaving the underside of my jaw.

Greetings

I agree, I have never found that Witch Hazel cuts very well, dull as hell!:rolleyes:

Regards
Dick

Back
Top Bottom