x1tCTGq.jpg

Westholme Kangaroo Hide | H.Diamond 1000 | Simpson Chubby 2 Synthetic |
LPL Coconut | Lucido Aftershave

Razor - Schick Type E
Blade - Chick (2)
Brush - Progress Vulfix 404
Cream - Proraso Blue
Post shave - Nivea Two Phase

First ever use of the Proraso Blue, and was mightily impressed. Had a very smooth and close shave. Particularly enjoying the Schick Type E ;)

Looking at the forecast for the rest of the week; may be time to return to cold water shaves!

Last edited:
BvLzwjb.jpg

Pre-Shave: @khun_diddy Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: Guerrilla
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Doug Korn D7V
Lather: Mike's Lemongrass & Eucalyptus
Post-shave: Alum, Stirling Bay Laurel Witch Hazel, Australian Emu Oil​

Hey, Alfie - ditching the Croweaters EVOO for Emu Oil, eh? Will be interested in your thoughts. I've used both with good results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DSC_0531_zpsq0m0zk0k.jpg

Two Pass Shaving Routine..:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
Herder Solingen Stainless Steel Full Hollow 5/8th
Mason Pearson Pure Badger
Phoenix & Beau Tallow Soap
Logona Mann Balm

I had a Lovely Shave Today with My Stainless Herder Solingen 5/8th..Lovely Keen & Smooth Surgical Black Arkie Edge..This Razor is One My Finest Shavers..Its a Corker..o_O

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:D

Billy

I don't like Mondays, usually...

IMG_4506.jpg

This Monday was slightly different however, due to the inclusion of my newly-acquired RazoRock Hawk. May I take the opportunity to say doesn't she look good in black! I used a Kai Pink (with thanks to @patw) and pasted on a nice, thick lather, courtesy of Phoenix & Beau's 'Star Noir'. The Midas Silvertip brush made, as ever, short work whipping up the lather until I had some gloriously glossy peaks emanating from the bulbous knot. One pass, couple of touch-ups. As a result, respectably smooth! It's wide head and 'set angle' (I shall explain) give the opportunity for people new to shaving, let alone new to SE's, a chance to find an 'optimal angle'. It's lightness comes into play, also. It allows you to have some leeway with pressure - to the sleight of hand, one can use absolutely no pressure but to those who are not as 'dainty' in these motor-functions, it persuades a bit of pressure without being overly 'in your face', figuratively and physically. The 'set-angle' head features a nice, sharp drop-off across the face, so if you use that practically flat to the skin, there's a lovely cutting angle guide. If you're more accustomed to a bit of aggression in your razors, tilt it and it shall sing like a canary while comfortably 'pinging' the hair away from your face. There's enough blade feel throughout to remind you that you are using a razor and due care and attention should be considered, however.

To summarise, I managed a lovely shave. Close enough for me for an evening shave with no issues of any fashion. I was a little scrub-happy in places but that has no apparent bearing on the condition of my skin. In fact, it's one of the closer shaves I've had recently despite frankly minimal preparation and minimal time spent shaving. It is a mild razor with the similarly mild Kai Pinks, so I shall definitely write 'reviewlette' when I get round to using the Feather blades I have available to me.

The Boomtown Rats can step aside tonight, for this is a Monday to enjoy!

Last edited:
I don't like Mondays, usually...

IMG_4506.jpg

This Monday was slightly different however, due to the inclusion of my newly-acquired RazoRock Hawk. May I take the opportunity to say doesn't she look good in black! I used a Kai Pink (with thanks to @patw) and pasted on a nice, thick lather, courtesy of Phoenix & Beau's 'Star Noir'. The Midas Silvertip brush made, as ever, short work whipping up the lather until I had some gloriously glossy peaks emanating from the bulbous knot. One pass, couple of touch-ups. As a result, respectably smooth! It's wide head and 'set angle' (I shall explain), give the opportunity for people new to shaving, let alone, new to SE's a chance to find an 'optimal angle'. It's lightness comes into play, also. It allows you to have some leeway with pressure - to the sleight of hand, one can use absolutely no pressure but to those who are not as 'dainty' in these motor-functions, it persuades a bit of pressure without being overly 'in your face', figuratively and physically. The 'set-angle' head features a nice, sharp drop-off across the face, so if you use that practically flat to the skin, there's a lovely cutting angle guide. If you're more accustomed to a bit of aggression in your razors, tilt it and it shall sing like a canary while comfortably 'pinging' the hair away from your face. There's enough blade feel throughout to remind you that you are using a razor and due care and attention should be considered, however.

To summarise, I managed a lovely shave. Close enough for me for an evening shave with no issues of any fashion. I was a little scrub-happy in places but that has no apparent bearing on the condition of my skin. In fact, it's one of the closer shaves I've had recently despite frankly minimal preparation and minimal time spent shaving. It is a mild razor with the similarly mild Kai Pinks, so I shall definitely write 'reviewlette' when I get round to using the Feather blades I have available to me.

The Boomtown Rats can step aside tonight, for this is a Monday to enjoy!

Great informative post Ben, with a good pic too.

cheers for the tag ;)

Monday's shave :)

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Wright's Coal Tar Soap followed by BBA Shave Oil.
Razor - Hone 15.
Blade - Astra SP (Green) (Day 3).
Soap - Gentleman's Groom Room Essence of Scotland Sweet Gale Traditional Shaving Soap.
Brush - Simpsons Chubby 2 - Best Badger.
Post shave - Cold water splash, followed by Myrsol "Plastic Shave" After Shave Massage and Organic Aloe Vera.

I was in a hurry this morning, so decided to skip the ATT SE1 (which I had loaded with a new Kai Captain Titan Mild (Pink)) on Sunday evening, in preparation for Monday morning. I love the ATT SE1, but still feel I need to take it slow and easy (slower than normal) when using a SE.

A very good 2 pass shave, with slight touch up on the chin with the Hone 15 and the Astra. While I was still careful, I felt that I could easily and safely shave very quickly with the Hone 15. I love the Myrsol splashes, very good on the skin - the plastic appears to be as soothing as a witch hazel splash. The Sweet Gale shaving soap is a classic, love the smell (old cola cube sweets?), great lubrication and lather - I appreciate that YMMV.

All the best,

Chris

Back
Top Bottom