S.O.T.D. Saturday 21th January to Friday 27th January 2017

Sunday 22 January 2017

SOTD-22012017.jpg

Mastro Livi Club 2016

Mastro Livi Club Razor 2016 is simply a breathtaking masterpiece. This special and limited edition was exclusively created for the members of Mastro Livi Club on Google+ and was the result of many polls in which members voted how they wished our club razor should have been. This is the result and I am absolutely mesmerized by its beauty, not to mention by its shaving performance. After all I knew Mastro Livi CarboInox was a superb shaver so I was sure about the result. I also used one of my favorite shaving soaps - Panama 1924 Shaving Soap - which was gorgeously mounted to a super rich lather by this Mastro Livi Badger Brush with the finishing touch of Suavecito Bay Rum. I love genuine Bay Rum scent!​

• Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: Panama 1924 Shaving Soap
  • Brush: Mastro Livi Badger, Olivo Handle, 22mm Knot
  • Bowl: Gerby Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Medium Loom Strop "Coramella Italiana" and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi Club Razor 2016 CarboInox, 7/8 Full Hollow, Spanish Point
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Argan Oil
  • After Shave: Suavecito Bay Rum

SOTD_20170122.png

• General
    • Proraso Sandalwood Preshave Cream
    • Maggard 2-Band Badger
    • Steve Woodhead Ceramics Scuttle
  • First pass
    • J.A. Henckels 72 1/2 Bastet
    • Dorco Shavette (with Astra Green)
    • American Crew - Precision Gel
  • Second and third pass
    • Maggard MR5
    • Voskhod
    • Reef Point - Command Presence
  • Afterwards
    • De Vergulde Hand Alum Block
    • Proraso Sandalwood Aftershave Lotion

SOTD_20170122.png

• General
    • Proraso Sandalwood Preshave Cream
    • Maggard 2-Band Badger
    • Steve Woodhead Ceramics Scuttle
  • First pass
    • J.A. Henckels 72 1/2 Bastet
    • Dorco Shavette (with Astra Green)
    • American Crew - Precision Gel
  • Second and third pass
    • Maggard MR5
    • Voskhod
    • Reef Point - Command Presence
  • Afterwards
    • De Vergulde Hand Alum Block
    • Proraso Sandalwood Aftershave Lotion
Why do you use three different razors if you don't mind me asking?

I am learning to use a straight razor, so I used that on the cheeks.

Plus I have a beard, so I used the shavette for the outline of my beard on the first pass with the precision gel.

Then second and third pass with the safety razor for cleanup and to not get too cocky with the straight :)

I hope this answers your question.

I am learning to use a straight razor, so I used that on the cheeks.

Plus I have a beard, so I used the shavette for the outline of my beard on the first pass with the precision gel.

Then second and third pass with the safety razor for cleanup and to not get too cocky with the straight :)

I hope this answers your question.
Oh right I see.Thankyou for saying.;)

Afternoon Gents,

Prep: Hot shower, l'oreal charcoal face wash
Pre: King of shaves oil
Razor: Blackbird OC
Razor blade: Gillette silver blue (2)
Brush: Saponifico Varesino
Cream: Castle Forbes Lavender
Post: Thayers witch hazel and Dove sensitive aftershave balm
Cologne: Tom Ford Noir De Noir (sample)

Razor: Still on a learning curve with it. No denying it's efficiently but it's still uncomfortable in places especially under the nose.

Brush: Love it! Only the second time I've used it. It whipped up a great lather in no time. It's a very big brush but easy enough to manoeuvre and handle.

Cream: I didn't rate it at all the first time I tried it. This time I used more product and it worked very well. Still not as slick or protective as I would like. Also found the scent to develop into a sickly sweet smell.

Cologne: Tom Ford Noir De Noir. Had a sample of this arrive yesterday. Love it! I really liked it from the off. It does remind me of something else, can't put my finger on it.
After half an hour I thought it smelled like a woman's perfume (quite sweet) but now it's calmed down and I would say its more manly.

Have a good week.
Cheers
Rob

Krona-love reality check shave with a 51 Superspeed. OK, with a Feather it was better than I remembered in terms of efficiency, I did get a BBS headshave without excessive buffing which surprised me. But in terms of handling and feel I do prefer the Krona with the same blade.
c18837fa2a97f1077cbb0c021ffa2a4a.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Afternoon Gents,

Prep: Hot shower, l'oreal charcoal face wash
Pre: King of shaves oil
Razor: Blackbird OC
Razor blade: Gillette silver blue (2)
Brush: Saponifico Varesino
Cream: Castle Forbes Lavender
Post: Thayers witch hazel and Dove sensitive aftershave balm
Cologne: Tom Ford Noir De Noir (sample)

Razor: Still on a learning curve with it. No denying it's efficiently but it's still uncomfortable in places especially under the nose.

Brush: Love it! Only the second time I've used it. It whipped up a great lather in no time. It's a very big brush but easy enough to manoeuvre and handle.

Cream: I didn't rate it at all the first time I tried it. This time I used more product and it worked very well. Still not as slick or protective as I would like. Also found the scent to develop into a sickly sweet smell.

Cologne: Tom Ford Noir De Noir. Had a sample of this arrive yesterday. Love it! I really liked it from the off. It does remind me of something else, can't put my finger on it.
After half an hour I thought it smelled like a woman's perfume (quite sweet) but now it's calmed down and I would say its more manly.

Have a good week.
Cheers
Rob
That brush is AWESOME!!

Sunday evening...

Soap - Tabac Original
Brush - RazoRock Plissoft 24mm synth.
Face lather
Razor - Gillette Fat Handle Tech 1938-41 (USA)
Blade -Wilkinson Sword (black box)
Post - Thayer's and Tabac Original a/s

I found a pack of these blades that came with the WS DE razor I purchased last year. I loaded the Tech with one and it gave a really close and comfortable smooth shave. The Tabac (as I never tire of claiming) is my go-to mass-produced tallow number. A truly great soap, imo.

Having done the cold water rinse-between-passes routine for a few months now, I must confess to being a total convert. The cold water seems to work well with blade rinsing too; so I reckon it's the way forward for me - even in colder weather.

Have a great forthcoming week, folks.

Stephen
20170122_194337.jpg

Back
Top Bottom