S.O.T.D. Saturday 21th January to Friday 27th January 2017

20170124_SOTD_zps2tjof7xd.jpg

Pre-Shave: Cypriotian Olive/Argan Oil soap, cold water
Razor: ATT S1 Colossus
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Whipped Dog 24mm Synthetic
Lather: Mike's Lemongrass & Eucalyptus
Post-shave: Alum, Stirling Coniferous, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil

I heard some people here demand more pictures from tropical islands in order to cope better with the lovely winter - of course I aim to please :D

Monday night shave:
Pre: hot towel, hot water.
Brush: Body shop synth.
Soap: P&B Sanskrit.
Razor: 1980's Vostok Soviet Straight.

Thought I'd try out a different prep approach and finish off differently. Using my freshly-honed razor and P&B Sanskrit made for a gliding, effortless shave. Tidied up neck and cheeks. Must have gone over a spot or similar as had one small (very small) weeper under my beard line. Bit of a sting with the cheap alum but manageable. Boots Bay Rum used as AS for a lovely, spicy shave. No irritation.

SOTD: 24th January 2017.
C.tues shave.JPG

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: hot shower:/Radox Fennel & Sea Minerals For Men shower gel/ warm wet flannel to my face.

Pre:

3 Drops of Wilkinsons Shaving Oil: / Fruits: Rhubarb & Vanilla Body Butter.

Razor: Pearl SBF-11 .

Blade: Rapira Super Stainless .(new)

Brush: Semogue 1305.

Face Lather.

soap: Arko Shave Stick.

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Lavender oil/Witch Hazel Mixture./Brut Oceans A/S.

Boots Freshwood Aftershave Balm.

Over the past month i've re-introduced myself to Arko & Derby shave sticks adding to that i've started face lathering for most of my shaves rather than using my mixing bowl..the results have been very pleasing. A wonderful 3 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report,.Arko & Derby sticks have a love,hate relationship with fellow shavers, but for me or should i say my skin type is suited to them,and provide me with excellent shaves.Enjoy your day,gentlemen.:cool:

Tues 24th Jan

Vulfix 404 mixed
Vitos Red croap
PAL S/S Adjustable
Schick " Chick" [ 2 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse Off
Myrsol Antesol A/S lotion

The PAL always provides me with a most smooth and comfortable shave, which is also nice and close all round. Never ceases to amaze me that some folk cannot get a good shave from either of the PALS , whose head design was developed from the Schick, IMHO a great improvement on most of the latter ones.
Realised that when I use the Vitos, I am automatically selecting the 404 as the two combine
to make a great effective Lather, which enhances any shave.

IMG_1125.jpg

Last edited:
Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Murdock Avalon oil
Soap: Murdock - Avalon cream
Bowl: Fine Accoutrements
Brush: L'Occitane synthetic
Razor: ATT SE1 + Bamboo handle
Blade: Feather Pro Super (5)
After: WH, Speick Active AS, Murdock Avalon ASB

Although I was trying to use up the last of my Tabac soap I was getting bored using the same soap every day so I've had a day off and done an expensive shave. All the items today weren't cheap; even the L'Occitane brush cost a bit when I bought it, before the price of Plissoft brushes came crashing down.
Actually better shave than yesterday so there's still life in this blade after 5 shaves.

Trouble-free Tuesday, everyone.

fc7028f6-c9e1-4f47-874f-183e48abf3d7_zpsqukt3zxg.jpg

DSC_0531_zpsq0m0zk0k.jpg

Two Pass Shaving Routine..:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
Herder Solingen Stainless Steel Full Hollow 5/8th
Mason Pearson Pure Badger
Phoenix & Beau Tallow Soap
Logona Mann Balm

I had a Lovely Shave Today with My Stainless Herder Solingen 5/8th..Lovely Keen & Comfortable Edge on this SR ..I just Love these Vintage Stainless Steel SRs..They Hone Up Like a Dream an All..They Can Slip Over the Hone Without Due Care & Attention is All..A Belter of a Shave..;)

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:D

Billy

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom