99b77090e2a71749edce8569b149edc4.jpg

Wed 25th Jan

RazoRock Plissoft 22mm
P & B Spitfire
ES Claymore S/S SE
Kai Captain Mild [ 9 ]
Alum Rub/Rinse Off
Tuff Green A/S Lotion

Another good Shave from this Hefty Razor, providing that you remember to let the weight do the work , it provides a very smooth and comfortable Shave. Maybe one does not whisk it about the face like lighter injectors, but that makes the passes more deliberate
and effective. Will not be a Daily Shaver, but I will include it in my SE Injector Rotations. Surprisingly good around the Neck and Upper Lip.

IMG_1127.jpg

Prep: Hot shower
Pre: S.M.Novella pre-shave
Soap: Tabac
Bowl: Fine Accoutrements
Brush: Whipped Dog 24mm synthetic
Razor: ATT SE1 + Bamboo handle
Blade: Feather Pro Super (6)
After: WH, Saponificio Varesino - Fern AS, Zirh Soothe ASB

Last use for this blade as it felt tuggy and left a little irritation. Close shave though. Back to DEs for a while I think.
This Tabac still has a bit left but refuses to go away. I reckon a few more days and it'll be gone. Big problem with the Tabac tub is that when the soap's getting low the brush clanks against the side and the tab ain't tuneful - not a nice sound for the early morning.

Happy hump day, everyone.

3f1fb391-e4f2-4bf0-98f9-f9ba1cce86aa_zpsbbchigji.jpg

Mid-week touch-up;

Hot water, hot towel.
Body shop synthetic.
Williams mentholated shaving cream.
Niazi 5/8 1908 straight.
Alum, cold water, Boots bay rum.

2 pass cheeks and neck. Some slight spots of blood in one area but no real irritation. Struggling a bit against the grain but learning more each time.

Happy hump day, y'all.

Edit: Neck on my right-hand side looks angry. ATG requires more practice. Strangely, it's fine on the LHS... Cheeks also fine despite ATG.

Last edited:

SOTD
DE shave #4
Prep Hot shower, used some conditioner on the stubble
Razor DE89
Blade Astra SP 1st use
Brush Omega s-brush (don't think I'm a fan) seemed tougher to lather the same Cream than my other brush.
Cream OSP 1882
AS Pinaud clubman classic vanilla
ASB Arko cool

3 pass, WTG/XTG/ATG and then a cleanup, always seem to have to cleanup my jawline a lot.
No nicks or irritation, closest I've got I think, very happy :)

SOTD
DE shave #4
Prep Hot shower, used some conditioner on the stubble
Razor DE89
Blade Astra SP 1st use
Brush Omega s-brush (don't think I'm a fan) seemed tougher to lather the same Cream than my other brush.
Cream OSP 1882
AS Pinaud clubman classic vanilla
ASB Arko cool

3 pass, WTG/XTG/ATG and then a cleanup, always seem to have to cleanup my jawline a lot.
No nicks or irritation, closest I've got I think, very happy :)
A wonderful set up..the Omega synthetic S series brush i have myself..just practice more with your lathering you'll get there..good to see your first SOTD.Regards.;)

Thanks bud, I will get plenty of practice in.

A plissoft landed today so shall I have a play with that for the next shave :)
The plissoft synthetic brushes have a great reputation for been a very good brush. Synthetic's don't have much backbone, but that doesn't mean they won't perform well.I mainly have Semogue boar brushes, which inho are excellent for both bowl & face lathering,however my Omega S Synthetic i find really good with creams & croaps,(proraso).. i also have a unbranded chinese synthetic, which is a wonderful performer too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom