S.O.T.D. Saturday 23rd May to Friday 29th May 2015

Simpson Tulip 2 Super Two Band
Martin de Candre Fougere
Weber DLC Bulldog
Gillette Silver Blue
Jabonman AS Balsamo

25 May 2015 - One last day with this setup (Menthol Monday).

17818767319_0364b17e08_o.png

Memorial Day Shave

I can't stress enough what an AMAZING razor this is.
My two passes with it felt smooth (on the aggressive side) and left me with a 100% clean shaven face. Truly impressed and this will, based on just today's shave, end up near the top of of my ranked razors. Excellent, excellent razor!

Razor: 1944 UK WWII issued OC razor.
Blade: GSB
Brush: L'Occitane Plisson
Soap: Soap Commander Plisson
A/S: Fine American Blend

w9ziqh.jpg

Shower
NSS Signature Moroccan Sands, face lathered for a change
Omega 49
Schick Adjustable [6]
Personna [4]
Blue Stratos AS
Gillette Moisturiser

Another great shave from the Schick/Personna combo, really pleased I grabbed one of these Schicks. They are Fab!
I'm off camping with the family in Windermere tomorrow, so I'm going to rough it for 3 days, already looking forward to Fridays shave!
Have a great half term folks!

IMG_0706.JPG

Shower w/Bulldog Shower Gel
Meißner Tremonia Indian Flavour (Hard Soap)
Mohawk 5-341 PurTech
Vincent & Feather (2)
Henckels Rapide & GEM Stainless (7)
Hot Rinse, Cold Rinse & Alum Wash
Witch Hazel Toner
Old Spice Aftershave
Paco Rabanne One Million EDT

Face Lathered
Two Pass - Vincent (WTG) & Henckels (WTG Slide)

To preamble Meißner Tremonia soaps, quite simply they are excellent: intuitive lathering, phenomenal shave performance and luxurious post-shave feel. The rest is about preference for hard soap or for soft soap, paste as Meißner Tremonia put it, and for scent, which Meißner Tremonia give us some quite unique experiences, not least coupled with the clever selection of natural clays, salts, tars and oils which remain quite untouched, not bleached or recoloured to give us a really pure product absolutely and genuinely affording of the term artisan.

Tonight, Indian Flavour as a hard soap was simply a joy! Coriander, mint and lemongrass, Indian Flavour is a gentle touch of spice and a gentle touch of mint, cooling and refreshing, more akin to holding a cold bottle of Cobra against your head while the sun beats down and the sizzle of lunch wafts by ... the spice is in no way overwhelming, but simple and well pitched, the cool is not chilling, just cooling.

Perfectly balanced.

Superb shave using this cheap Vincent razor with a nape shaper blade, perfectly acceptable for face shaving but don't expect the edge to last long - three shaves is about it after one very excellent, a second good and from experience a third, too, which while not tuggy is most definitely the last one. Tonight was the second shave from this blade.

I also finished off a GEM blade in my Henckels Rapide, which is a nice razor but the angle is a tough one to get right with modern flat blades as they cannot be readily stopped at the angle of the top edge of a wedge, resulting in a shave which is a little steep in angle as the top clip can get in the way.

Very nice, all in ... and so well finished with a good splash of Old Spice.

Monday

Evening, gents.

Prep: Claus Porto's Lime-oil face soap
Razor: Kai T-type Dispo Razor
Blade: (3)
Brush: Kabuki Bamboo
Shave soap: QED Lavender
Aftershave: Caldey Abbey
Cologne: Caldey Abbey

Greetings

Tuesday 26th May 2015
Prep: Shower
Razor: Schick G1 Injector
Blade: Personna Stainless Coated
Brush: Semogue OC Boar
Soap: Nanny's Arabian Nights
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)
EDT: Cerruti 1881

Regards
Dick.

DSC06140.JPG

Hoshi Tombo 8000 quarter hollow 13/16
Kanayama cordovan #8000
Simpson P8
Catie's Bubble Fouet L'Orange
Alum
L'Occitane Cedre & Oranger balm
L'Occitane Cedre & Oranger Edt​

This razor is without doubt one of my all time top three razors, I can't believe I'm saying this as the razor is a quarter hollow and I've always been a full hollow Man a great razor and a fantastic shaver.

Back
Top Bottom