S.O.T.D. Saturday 23rd May to Friday 29th May 2015

SOTD - Tuesday
Pre: RazoRock menthol/lime soap
Soap: Catie's Bubbles "Celtic Knot"
Brush: El Druida "Chubbic Dark Night" 26mm 2-band Finest
Razor: Schick dial adjustable (M15)
Blade: (NOS) Gillette Platinum Plus 1973 (3)
Post: Thayer's witch hazel with 444, followed by Fine "Fresh Vetiver" ASL
3rd shave with this vintage gillette injector blade and it's getting smoother for each shave. Wow. Effortless 3-pass BBS. It would be even better with a Mini-Goose!
1st time with this scent of Catie's bubbles. Nice clean linen scent, very fresh.

IMG_0722.JPG

Shower w/Bulldog Shower Gel
Meißner Tremonia Dark Limes (Soft)
Ever Ready 300BN PurTech
Martin & Co. 6/8 Wedge
Hot Rinse, Cold Rinse & Alum Wash
Witch Hazel Toner
Pinaud Lilac Vegetal Aftershave

Face Lathered
Two Pass - WTG & WTG (Slide)

More fun with Meißner Tremonia soaps and tonight it's Dark Limes as the soft version, or "paste" as these guys put it.

Loading is simple requiring just a wet brush and a few swirls to pick up ample. Lathering is explosive and more so than the hard soap version I think, although that might be the shorter loft on the brush. Either way, warm, wetted face and apply the loaded brush: Boom! Lather explosion!

In shave performance is phenomenal and something I mused early on was that I thought I would really enjoy these soaps with straight edge razors, and I do. Tonight, a vintage Sheffield wedge and the cushion, slip and glide on this soap is just perfect. Really perfect! Two lovely passes.

Wash off and post-shave feel, even with a strongly alcoholic and face tautening splash like Pinaud Lilac Vegetal, post-shave face feel is soft, fed and balanced, the natural oils in the soap really playing so very well with natural facial oil replenishment.

... and then we have the scent.

Dark Limes is mysterious. I mused in my first review of the hard soap sibling, that I did not know how some puts mystery into a soap but Meißner Tremonia have. It is sour. It should be - it's lime. It is bitter. It is bittersweet, and I think that is the addition of bitter orange oil, which counterpoints and juxtaposes the sharp slice of lime as the two spin into a vortex of dancing scent. It's spritz and flavour, like the spray of the fruit skin as it is cut through as well as the spray of the fruit therein.

Absolutely lovely! Seriously up there in terms of performance and quite unique in terms of scent.

Truly wonderful!

Greetings

Wednesday 26th May 2015
Prep: Shower
Razor: Schick I1 Injector
Blade: Personna Comfort Coated NOS
Brush: Vie Long 2 Band
Soap: Vitos Extra Super
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)
EDT: Quorum

Regards
Dick.

DSC06142.JPG

Weds 27th May 2015

Kent infinity
Proraso Green Cream
ER 1924- on bathroom style handle
Gem S/S [ 2 ]
Alum Rub/rinse off
Nivea Balm
La Toja A/S

Maybe too much razor rotation. Wary of 1924, but no worries- achieved smooth and close shave.

Sapone : Mitchell's Wool Fat Soap
Pennello : Simpson Chubby 1 - 2 band
Rasoio : Thiers Issard Doominator 7/8
Strop : Paciccella
AS : Fine American Blend

image.php

image.php

Prep- Tepid water splash
Soap- Catie's Bubbles LPV
Brush- SOC
Razor- Murkur Futur
Blade- BIC Chrome Platinum [5]
Post- Myrsol Basamica AS

Comfortable close shave which did not inflame the razor burn on my neck from yesterday's shave :icon_razz:

E563djal.png

Shave & Scent of the day with:
> Soap: Shannon's Soaps Lavender Ylang Ylang
> Brush: Edwin Jagger Best Badger
> Razor: ATT Atlas R1
> Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (4th)
> Post: Vitos Menthol Pre & Post Cream & Mario Badescu After Shave Moisturizer
> Scent: Le Labo Bergamote 22 EdP

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

BSB HMW
'Kaily'/Gillette Super Stainless (NOS 1991)
Xpec SC
Myrsol Emulsion
Jean Desprez 'Versailles' Pour Homme (vintage juice)

Used a bunch of Spanish things today for this excellent shave. The Good Doctor has helped introduce me to some items that will be a part of my routine forever.

This brush is something else when it comes to making lather almost instantly and the UFO handle is a pleasure to use with the Stahly head. The Xpec was wonderful as usual. I smiled when thinking of Mr Miguel while applying his creation after the shave.

The vintage EdT has the best drydown I have huffed.

BBS results,

Martin

Back
Top Bottom