Melissa Pre-shave
NSS Citrus Zinger
VS 26mm Synthetic
Schick Platinium
Gillette Super Blue #2
Alum / Cold rinse
Alcolado / Witch Hazel 3:1
Melissa Pre-shave

Worked really well, slick shave and post moisturiser.

Whosthedaddy said:
Wazzer3 said:
Prep- Tepid water splash
Soap- MdC
Brush- Muhle STF V2
Razors- Wade & Butcher 7/8ths, Mongoose
Post- alum, Stirling AS balm

Second shave with this re-honed razor and struggling to find the correct cutting angle below 30° ( I am a beginner ) will not cut through thicker bristle and get's 'hung-up' only want to use light strokes and let weight of wedge scythe off bristles, any way finished off with Mongoose and liberal application of alum and balm.

Not really helping but I feel safer and more confident with a more hollow ground razor than my wedge and near wedge razors. Don't get me wrong they are very efficient but I feel they're just this close to causing some damage where I get more positive feedback from my paper thin extra hollow grinds.

Stick with it and it's all about practice.

Thanks for the encouragement, shall persevere with WTG only on checks and neck until I perfect my stroke with both hands before tackling mouth area and ATG passes.Cheers!

Durham Duplex Patent Anniversary ...

IMG_0747.JPG

Bulldog Face Wash
Meißner Tremonia Himalayan Heights (Hard)
Ever Ready 100T Muhle Silvertip Fibre
Durham Duplex & Personna (1)
Hot Rinse, Cold Rinse & Alum Wash
Witch Hazel Toner
Puig Quorum Aftershave & EDT

Face Lathered
Two Pass - WTG & ATG

Another Meißner Tremonia flavour ...

If you've missed my last few posts, let me just bring you up to speed with Meißner Tremonia - THE artisan soap maker from Dortmund, Germany. The soap has a phenomenal performance and unparalleled post-shave feel, the lather is easily loaded to brush and explodes with firm, dense lather which does not go overly foamy with the addition of too much water. In a word, superb.

What folks want to know about is the scent ...

Well, Himalayan Heights is pretty straight-up. It's cedar and salt. Himalayan, to be precise; both of them: the cedar and the salt. Cedrus Deodara from the foothills of the Himalayas: Nepal, Tibet, Afghanistan, Pakistan and northern India. Salt, too, and a lovely light blue colour quite reminiscent of the glacial meltwater from above the treeline.

Scent is pure green, woody cedar. Perfect pals with Puig Quorum, in fact better with Puig Quorum Silver, a fragrance which is rather lost against its stronger and better known sibling, but one which is less brash, less in your face, quite intriguing a scent to follow which Himalayan Heights own green, spritzy cedar accompanies just perfectly.

I've been wearing Puig Quorum today, shaved, used the aftershave and then, just before typing this up refreshed with a spritz of Puig Quorum Silver. Perfect partners, both Puig Quorum and Puig Quorum Silver.

Very much enjoyed as a sample, a puck I think I'll buy.

The saltiness? Well, yes, there is something of it in there, but I think it's in there more as a skin treatment than anything else. Having shaved, I didn't detect it in the scent and don't feel it post-shave on my skin.

So, three cheer for Durham Duplex!

108 years since the patent was granted to this brave step into the twentieth century for shaving, placing a firm double edged blade into a slide lock razor head to be used just like a straight edge razor, as folks of the day were used to.

Shaving with the grain for a first pass, using the Durham-slide, against the grain for the second, again, with the Durham-slide, smoother than James Bond! Great shave, and I know from experience that the regrowth will be lovely and soft.

Perhaps I'll partake again tomorrow ...

Prep - Shower / Woods Of Windsor Cedar Woods soap / Pre-lather / 3 min steam
Razor - Ever Ready 1912
Blade - GEM Personna SS (#3)
Brush - Omega 20106
Soap - Nanny's Ice and A Slice
After - Freezer Towel / Alum
Result - BBS

I'm very open-minded, but I refuse to believe I could get a better shave than that which I've just recieved. My fave is ridiculously smooth and with not even a hint of skin conditions such as razor burn. When I use any DE, I often catch a skin tag on my moustache area, causing much bleeding. It just won't happen with SE, perhaps that's down to the stiffer nature of the blade.

Greetings

Friday 29th May 2015
Prep: Shower
Razor: Schick L1 Injector
Blade: Gillette Twinjector
Brush: Duke 3
Soap: Proraso Red
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)
EDP: Tom Ford Black Orchid

Regards
Dick.

DSC06147.JPG

Honest SOTD as it happened:

Saw a suggestion about squirting a bit of pre-shave oil on the beard before a shower and washing it off at the end
Tried it with some homemade grape seed oil based pre-shave
Got my Personal Barber chinese synthetic brush out
Lathered up my face with Twa Burds Mint & Tea Tree shaving soap
Started shaving with a Rapira Swedish (2) in my Personal Barber Tech clone
Stopped very quickly because it was dragging worse than Pauline Calf
Decided the PB razor is best suited to a days growth - I've got 2.5 days to deal with today
Reached for my trusty Apollo slant with Ikon Bulldog handle and Rapira Swede (?)
Started shaving again
Stopped very quickly as it was dragging worse than Lily Savage in a close embrace with the Bangkok Ladyboys
Changed the blade to a fresh one
Now we're talking
Smooth, effective shave WTG, XTG and ATG
Finish with home brew Bay Rum splash

Smile
Rub face with satisfied grin

Sapone : The Strop Shoppe Baker Street
Pennello : Simpson The Duke D3 - 2 band
Rasoio : Henckels 17 7/8
Strop : Paciccella
AS : Floid Vigoroso
EDT : Guerlain Homme

image.php

image.php

Not the fanciest of shaves but the end result being a nice one. Can at least say that I've used the razor and soap again and can put back in the cupboard knowing it's not been forgotten.

Attachments

• IMG_20150528_181624_1.jpg
    IMG_20150528_181624_1.jpg
    306 KB · Views: 18
[attachment=14112]
First shave with my newly acquired slim adjustable (paired with a Polsilver blade) and very nice it was too, I like it a lot! Setting 5 for first two passes, then setting 3 for the final pass - very smooth indeed. Wickhams soap is always fantastic, so so slick [emoji2].

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432891972.267669.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432891972.267669.jpg
    362.7 KB · Views: 12
Back
Top Bottom