S.O.T.D. Saturday 24th December to Friday 30th December 2016

Thursday 29th...

Salutations TSR!

Soap - TOBS Sandalwood
Brush - RazoRock Plissoft 24mm synth.
Face lather
Razor - Ever Ready "Streamline" 1912 pat.
Blade - Gem Personna SE
Post - Thayer's and Fine Platinum a/s

Another excellent shave from the 1912. Even with only one day's growth to contend with, the result was really smooth. Mercifully, the bad reaction with the TOBS soap a while back must have been due to chlorine after swimming (despite showering afterwards); as no repeat 'face-like-a-skelped-a*se' scenarios have occurred.
20161229_171715.jpg

2f380ba8ddb9e09f183b5c79272fe8e2.jpg

Really do like the erasmic soap. I know the scent isn't anything to write home about but I really do get a lather that is just as good as much more expensive soaps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First shave with the Bunny today, it arrived from @newbie and I was delighted to finally get my hands on it!

I got myself all ready to go, a new Shavemac brush purchased from @themadremmy waiting in the wings. I was very excited to try this brush out as well having cleaned it up and felt how soft the tips were during cleaning I had a feeling it was going to be a good'un. 1912 Cashmere soap blooming and a fresh Personna loaded into the bunny, but wait, what's that, a knock at the door... I trundle down the stairs and open the door to the postie, with a brown box in had... this could only be one thing... @riverrun sent over his last cartridge of Shicks, it must be that and it indeed was! Fresh Personna out, new Schick in, there's no way I was settling when I knew those babies were ready to go and I had three days of stubble to get through.

Finally, back to the shave. The NOTSO comb was in place with the Schick shining. The Shavemac brush was a joy, not sure what I'm going to name it yet (I named my first Shavemac so this one can't be left out!). My first true fan brush, silvertip, lovely :D

The shave itself was great, two passes, no weepers, no irritation, no stubble. Genuinely one of my best ever shaves. Absolutely loved it.

83168b02a161f81bb7a657aa175ebf15.jpg

Razor: Gillette Slim K 4 1965
Blade: Voskhod Bocko II Teflon (6)
Brush: Elite Razor "Tres Amigos" Desert Ironwood Beehive w/Synthetic
Soap: Route 66 High Mountain Mist
Aftershave: Fine Platinum

A fine 3 passes with a slight clean up for a very near BBS. I really like this synthetic brush, of course it doesn't hurt that it has an amazing handle.
Fine Platinum is one of my top 5 aftershaves. Been snowing all day, so I'll do the driveway in the morning. Tough day at home today. My wife was saying I don't pay attention to her, or something like that.
Be safe all!

29 12 16.jpg

@riverrun sent over his last cartridge of Shicks,
Good grief! The Bunny is not a cartridge razor! They are either called 'magazines' (like in 'Magazine Repeating Razor Company') or 'clips' (as Jacob Schick referred to them).
Anyway... enjoy the Bunny...
On a positive note.. I found a way to get Chick blades from the US without paying VAT/Duty/Royal Mail donation... and I have four magazines/clips of 7 blades each coming in for £21 delivered. Result!!!
I could tell you how I did this, but it wouldn't help you :D:D
OK... I'll have them shipped to my parents in Germany, where there are different VAT/Duty thresholds... (I think - I hope) and I'll be in Germany in January to pick them up... I told you it wouldn't help... :D

Good grief! The Bunny is not a cartridge razor! They are either called 'magazines' (like in 'Magazine Repeating Razor Company') or 'clips' (as Jacob Schick referred to them).
Anyway... enjoy the Bunny...
On a positive note.. I found a way to get Chick blades from the US without paying VAT/Duty/Royal Mail donation... and I have four magazines/clips of 7 blades each coming in for £21 delivered. Result!!!
I could tell you how I did this, but it wouldn't help you :D:D
OK... I'll have them shipped to my parents in Germany, where there are different VAT/Duty thresholds... (I think - I hope) and I'll be in Germany in January to pick them up... I told you it wouldn't help... :D
My sincere apologies old chap, I was typing that review out whilst talking to a friend about the benefits of proper wetshaving as opposed to cartridge... I obviously had cartridges on the brain :D

Well that's great for you and not so great for the rest of us... bastard ;)

My sincere apologies old chap, I was typing that review out whilst talking to a friend about the benefits of proper wetshaving as opposed to cartridge... I obviously had cartridges on the brain :D

Well that's great for you and not so great for the rest of us... bastard ;)
Never mind, young lad, I used to call them cartridges until Colonel Schick taught me otherwise... :D:D
I depend on Schick injector blades as I own a Bunny V3.. well... two actually... Muahahaha...

Back
Top Bottom