S.O.T.D. Saturday 24th December to Friday 30th December 2016

ab6e42c0179a09ea86d9bb85f6336041.jpg

Still a bit of funk in both the knots but I couldn't wait any longer. A special thanks to @twhite510 for getting this brush made in time for the big day[emoji106]

Martin De Candre Original
Darwin Deluxe
Personna 74
Rubberset 400 with 26mm Manchurian fan
Floïd Blue

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Proraso Pre-shave - Sandalwood
Soap: Art of Shaving - Sandalwood
Bowl: Woodhead Pedestal
Brush: Omega boar 10005
Razor: ATT SE1 + globalneedz handle
Blade: Feather Pro Super (1)
After: WH, Jovan Musk AS, Village Barber ASB

Fifth use of my new ATT SE1 and I have to say it's been a tricky learning experience. I would have preferred to use Feather Pro blades but they were out of stock when I ordered the razor so have used Kai Captain and today Feather Pro Super. So far I have found the SE1 bitey, a little scratchy and difficult to manoeuvre.
I've tried the Bamboo handle which I felt is far too light and puts the weight far too near the head and so is overbalanced. The Kronos handle make the whole razor too heavy. Today's shorter/fatter handle seems to be the best fit so far; easier grip and easier to move around.
The SE1 head feels enormous compared to DE and injector razors and takes a lot of getting used to.
This razor has given me the longest time to adjust to it and I've had a few weepers along the way. In fact I used my ER Flat Top with a Gem blade to recover from razor burn and it felt so easy and efficient to use in comparison.
I'll soldier on with the SE1 and try it with Feather Pro blades for its final test before making judgment.
Wow, this Village Barber balm is good!

Enjoy the holidays, folks.

e1e2e9c3-4acb-4ff0-bb1d-768ee01febe8_zpswqktbtpg.jpg

Friday 30th December 2016
SOTD 30th DEC.JPG

Pre Shave: Hot Shower and Proraso Red
Razor: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Double Open Comb (PAA DOC)
Blade: Sputnik (#2)
Brush: Semogue 610
Soap: Cella
AS: Old Spice Original

Not much growth to work on today after yesterday's shave with the Ikon El Jefe/Feather Pro Guard, the PAA DOC is very mild so a 3 pass shave on not much growth gave a nice close smooth shave. The Sputnik works well in the PAA DOC.

Going back to the Semogue 610 brush meant more work to get a lather compared to the Silvertip Badgers I have been using recently but it still does a good job.

31942888026_d1b7158c92_z.jpg

Le Pere Lucien Traditionnel, Kent BK4, Merkur Futur, Elios Inoxidable & L'Occitane Vetyver Edt.

My first go with the new shaving mug, it pretty good! Not really any different to the mug of water I was using but it looks a lot better and the dish on top is a handy place to keep the brush inbetween passes. Overall a nice close shave but I do find DE razors so very dull to use... As such I can't see me using the Futur many more times before it ends up in the BST ;)

Fri 30th Dec
RazoRock Plissoft 24mm
OSP Bay Rum
Supply SE on 3 dot
Kai mild pink ( 4 )
Myrsol Antesol A/S lotion

Much heavier than the General used yesterday, and requires as different way of handling which makes it enjoyable. Though I changed the plate I kept the mild blade in use.
The Shave this time was smooth but with reassuring blade feel, a much better finish than with the 2dot plate.Actually enjoyed using the Razor and the quality of Shave attained with no mishaps or post shave aggravation.

386fdf80c4a7b62ccb4092f311144eb2.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Prep: Hot shower
Pre: Proraso Pre-shave - Sandalwood
Soap: Art of Shaving - Sandalwood
Bowl: Woodhead Pedestal
Brush: Omega boar 10005
Razor: ATT SE1 + globalneedz handle
Blade: Feather Pro Super (1)
After: WH, Jovan Musk AS, Village Barber ASB

Fifth use of my new ATT SE1 and I have to say it's been a tricky learning experience. I would have preferred to use Feather Pro blades but they were out of stock when I ordered the razor so have used Kai Captain and today Feather Pro Super. So far I have found the SE1 bitey, a little scratchy and difficult to manoeuvre.
I've tried the Bamboo handle which I felt is far too light and puts the weight far too near the head and so is overbalanced. The Kronos handle make the whole razor too heavy. Today's shorter/fatter handle seems to be the best fit so far; easier grip and easier to move around.
The SE1 head feels enormous compared to DE and injector razors and takes a lot of getting used to.
This razor has given me the longest time to adjust to it and I've had a few weepers along the way. In fact I used my ER Flat Top with a Gem blade to recover from razor burn and it felt so easy and efficient to use in comparison.
I'll soldier on with the SE1 and try it with Feather Pro blades for its final test before making judgment.
Wow, this Village Barber balm is good!

Enjoy the holidays, folks.

e1e2e9c3-4acb-4ff0-bb1d-768ee01febe8_zpswqktbtpg.jpg
Feather Super can definitely be a little 'bitey' in the SE1. I think you'll like it a lot more when you try it with Feather Pro blades. At least that has been my experience :)

OK... I'll have them shipped to my parents in Germany, where there are different VAT/Duty thresholds... (I think - I hope) and I'll be in Germany in January to pick them up... I told you it wouldn't help... :D
But it would help me to know[emoji3]
-------------------------------

Dec. 30.2016
Shave no 3 with the General, pro blade (5).

2 day stubble.

Went very well again. This razor is really good. Waiting for the Kai Pink blades.

Pre O6
Semogue 830
The General on MÜHLE standard handle.
Proraso Aloe Cream
Hattric AS

Almost Perfect! This really is an efficient yet mild razer.

As to the straight shavers: I am getting interrupted 3-5 times every shave by some familiy member (most of the time the sort ones) - no way of doing a straight shave unless the doorbell is ted and all are not at home...

Back
Top Bottom