S.O.T.D. Saturday 24th January to Friday 30th January 2015

25th January 2014
Not sure the age of this razor but since it says West Germany its got to be between 1949 & 1990, its my only stainless steel and doesn't hold as good an edge as my carbons but still gives a good shave.
IMG_20150125_205223.jpg

Monday 26th January 2015

Neutrogena Glyc Bar
Vulfix 404 mixed
Proraso Green Cream
Gem MMOC------ first outing
Gem coated [ 2 ]
Alum rub/Rinse off
Woods of Windsor A/S Balm
La Toja A/S Lotion

MM Razors V Other SE [ ER/GEM ]
After MMCP yesterday,finally tried MMOC. Got a good lather,and shaved comfortably
with good finish.Found it better than Both MMCP & MMFW. For me up there with the
!924 [ more agressive ] & Streamline. The latter is loaded to go Tomorrow.

Now need to get MMOC of my own, this one kindly lent by Dick, who also sent me
different blades to try out.
Mike B

782sirbrian said:
Saturday 24th January

Gillette Aristocrat Deluxe

That Aristocrat Deluxe is amazing!

Monday morning:

Noxzema foam
Slim Adjustable
7 o'clock SharpEdge
Proraso AS

Apparently I didn't want to get out of bed in a timely fashion this morning so a very quick shave was needed. WTG and ATG and I was good to go in a few minutes.

razor: merkur progress (@4.5, @3.5)
blade: racer (#1)
brush: omega 10290
soap: FAENA sandalwood
asl: Cien X-Bolt
passes: WTG, XTG

Trouble-free, damn fine shave! First time I use a racer blade, not bad at all.

Greetings

Monday 26th January 2015
Prep: Shower
Razor: Valet Autostrop 1904/07 Model
Blade: GEM Blue Star Carbon modified
Brush: Semogue 1800 Boar
Soap: Speick Stick Grated
Aftershave: Astral Cream (light)
EDT: Lapidus Pour Homme

DSC05865.JPG

Prep: Hot Face Wash
Soap: Wickham's Super Smooth
Brush: TOBS Pure Badger
Razor: Gillette Slim
Blade: Sputnik

Totally forgotten just how amazing these blades are!!! So amazing in fact I've just gone and bought 100 of them :) and when coupled with the Wickhans the shave was just sublime!!

Pre: Village Barber oil
Soap: Ralph Lauren "Safari"
Brush: Rubberset-400 replica with 26mm TGN Finest 2-band
Razor: Mongoose Satin w/Ikon SE handle
Blade: Feather Super (1)
Post: Alum block, then Thayer's witch hazel followed by styptic-gel, then USB, finally Ralph Lauren "Safari" EdT
First time with a Feather Super blade. Blimey! That thing is SHARP! Sliced off a corner of my lip and got half-dozen weepers when it took off the top layer of skin with the stubble (hence the prolonged 'post-shave' routine). BBS in the end but it sure was a scary shave.

Mr_Smartepants said:
Razor: Mongoose Satin w/Ikon SE handle
Blade: Feather Super (1)
First time with a Feather Super blade. Blimey! That thing is SHARP! Sliced off a corner of my lip and got half-dozen weepers when it took off the top layer of skin with the stubble (hence the prolonged 'post-shave' routine). BBS in the end but it sure was a scary shave.

Sounds similar to my shave yesterday! Hence why today I toned it down with a Kai Mild this morning.

Not been a fan of Kai Milds in the Cobra but had a really good shave this morning (despite having very little stubble to remove...) Used with CRSW Sandalwood and a nice soft EJ XL synthetic for a great shave.

Back
Top Bottom