S.O.T.D. Saturday 28th January to Friday 3rd Febuary 2017

Wednesday AM 2017-02-01

élan bowl, with electric mug warmer
Rooney 3/3 Finest (26mm/60mm)
Colgate Barber shaving soap (vintage) + Hermès Terre d'Hermès shaving cream
Feather AS-D2/Triad Corinthian
Wilkinson Light Brigade (4)
Azzaro aftershave

The old Colgate soap and the Hermès shaving cream are excellent together.
N7J2Vnz.jpg

Wednesday 1st February 2017
Pre Shave: Hot Shower, Bulldog Face Wash and Proraso Red
Razor: Gillette Slim (4)
Blade: Iridium Super (#1)
Brush: Plisson Pure Badger
Cream: Proraso Blue
AS: Lucido

First shave with the Iridium Super, while not as good so far as the Polsilver Stainless it was better than I remember the Polsilver SI being. End result was perfectly good and no irritation, once I have finished with this blade I must try Polsilver SI again as they can't be that different.

Wednesday 1st
Semogue 620
Palmolive Soap - Grated
Ever Ready 1924 w/Rocnel Handle
GEM SSC #4
Rinse > Alum > Rinse
Blue Stratos A/S
Lacura Body Moisturiser
hgzO7ZR.jpg

Many months since I've dusted off the Palmolive and as usual was easy to lather and gave a great result with a good smooth finish from a great razor. Happy days :)
+ 1 on the Palmolive, a wonderful shave set up..I'll be adding it to one of my mine over the weekend shaving recipes..Incredible stuff.;)

Last edited:
ej89, polsilver #2, 48 pro, sir irisch moos cream and a/s, bialy jelen balm

have seen the ej on lots of sotd pictures recently so decided to dust it down and use it again. excellent razor - why i decided i needed another dozen razors i'll never know............:rolleyes:
You've matched it up with a polsilver.., which always perform brilliantly.excellent blades..:)

Last edited:
+ 1 on the Palmolive, a wonderful shave set up..I'll be adding it to one of my mine over the weekend shaving recipes..Incredible stuff.;)
Thanks Pf
Palmolive stick was my 2nd soap after I started trad shaving. Now I've rediscovered it, will be in my next shave.
The 1st was the Wilkie blue bowl which was binned quite quickly.

Back
Top Bottom