S.O.T.D. Saturday 28th January to Friday 3rd Febuary 2017

Razor: Timeless OC w/ Hempel Titanium Handle
Blade: Personna 74 Tungsten Steel (3)
Brush: El Druida Red Heart Chakte Kok/African Blackwood 2 Band Badger.
Soap: Reef Point Soap Dragon's Blood
Aftershave: Floid Blue
Fendrihan Shave Towel

DFS tonight with this combination of products. I did 3 passes with a clean up for a near BBS. I hope everyone has a great weekend.
3 02 17.jpg

2-03-17

ace929992bd067b2c36502e41e8c376d.jpeg

-Sanguine Shavette
-Maggard's 24mm Synth
-Stirling Coconut Lime
-Stirling Lime Balm

Have a great weekend everybody.

Prep: Hot shower
Pre: S.M.Novella pre-shave cream
Soap: St. James - Cedarwood & Clarysage
Bowl: Fine Accoutrements
Brush: Vie-Long Horse Hair 13061M
Razor: Rockwell 4S, plate#5
Blade: Sputnik(3)
After: WH, Jovan Musk AS, Village Barber ASB

Today tried plate#5 on the Rockwell 4S and I'd say this plate is most like my ATT R1 for aggressive level. Shave felt slightly less smooth than yesterday's plate#4 and I think less than my ATT R1. The ATT also has the edge in that it's not as bulky so feels more nimble in use.
Managed a painless BBS with no issues. I'll try plate#6 tomorrow just to compare.

Have a great weekend, folks.

a312e6c3-0e92-4f7d-8112-abd927434da9_zpsvfwhnyrl.jpg
I think I'm going to buy that brush just for the handle, love it.

I think I'm going to buy that brush just for the handle, love it.
The handle looks great and feels very comfortable in the hand. It's a little short though so my ideal one would be same shape but extended a bit.
This one is horsehair which I find wonderful but some people don't get along with. Vie-Long might do the same handle with a different knot. Certainly the cheapest proper handles I know about easily bought in the UK.

Aquire141125_zps4cd9bf0d.jpg

SOTD
Prep - Hot shower
Brush - RazoRock Plissoft Monster
Cream - Cella Almond
Bowl - Crown King Scuttle
Razor - ATT R2
Blade - Personna Med
Aftersave - DR Botanicals Pomegranate Noir
Cologne - Georgio Armani Code Profumo

Three day growth and first time using the ATT with the R2 baseplate. I found it quite aggressive but a very smooth shave.
Two passes and very good result - near BBS - no nicks and only one very small weeper ! Very happy with the result !
P1060785_zpsrebh1gnw.jpg
Glad you liked the R2 plate, mate. I agree the feel of the shave it gives is aggressive but with a smooth result. Results are similar to the R1 but the shaving itself very different.
Shave on.

A weekend shave uploaded today. A buddy on here has sent over a few razors for me to play with, the first of which that I decided to use is the Gillette aluminium tech. My first DE shave for a while and I also had a little bit of redness on my neck.

The shave wasn't the best, for a couple of reasons, I'd run out of hot water, so the water was lukewarm, not ideal when you are shaving later in the evening. I also didn't get the best lather from the CRSW.

The shave itself was reasonable, two passes, relatively tidy, I like the slim profile on the head. The handle is lovely looking. I think I just need a couple more DE shaves to get me back in the swing.

Hard to wake up this morning!

Have a good day gents

img_20170205_223311-01-jpeg.7812

Back
Top Bottom