S.O.T.D. Saturday 28th January to Friday 3rd Febuary 2017

SNhAtOU.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]Seygusrazor original
Perma Sharp blade
AP Donovan brush
Musgo Real, classic scent
Florida Water EdC
Hope all of you, gentlemen, enjoy the weekend.
SNhAtOU.jpg

Morning gents,

Last night's shave was a first for my new brush, the Romera Rustic Chubby 30mm Manchurian. What a lovely brush. I lathered up with Cashmere (my favourite soap always gets to inaugurate a new brush) and was met with a wall of badger, but in a lovely soft way. It's got backbone, but not excessive amounts, painting and circular motions were both as comfortable as each other, lathered up really well, just a great brush. Different to all of my other brushes so it's a welcome addition and for now, I'm done with brushes. I may consider a trade (of one of my brushes) in the future, but I think purchases are finished!

Used the GEM OCMM with a blade that I'll be changing for my next GEM SE shave, but it still did a great job in two passes, no irritation, no nicks, no weepers. Smooth and feeling good.

Enjoy your day, it's Friday! :D The bottom pic is a post shave of the brush, you can't really see the difference compared to the pre-shave shot!

img_20170202_230035-01-jpeg.7679

img_20170202_232029-01-jpeg.7680

Fri 3rd Feb

Omega s10065 Synthetic
De Vergulde Hand
Supply S/S Single Edge
Schick S/S [ 1- chick]
Alum Rub / Rinse off
Quorum A/S lotion

After trialling the Personna blade in this razor with poor results, it does not work for me as a blade in any Razor, I moved on to an alternative. I loaded up with a "Chick", and had no problems loading from the dispenser, though the blade needed a nudge to insert fully.

The Shave was good, there was blade feel and sound, and it was apparent immediately that
whisker eradication was going on. All in all a very smooth operation, which resulted in a very good close all round finish, with no mishaps or post shave problems.

IMG_1146.jpg

Last edited:
3/1/17:
Hot water.
Williams mentholated.
Body Shop synth.
Vostok 1980's straight.
Warm/alum/cold.
Fine L'orange Noir.

I'm anticipating a bottle of Fine Snakebite before long which would have done grand today following the subtle cooling of the Williams mentholated. One nick, felt it but thought I got away with it because it didn't bleed for circa 2 minutes. Minimal blood and alum stopped it dead. Think I'm getting the hang of stropping/straight shaving as all my recent shaves have been nice, without irritation. Loving the scent of the Fine.

DSC_0082_01_zpsxspl7blw.jpg

Morning gents,

Last night's shave was a first for my new brush, the Romera Rustic Chubby 30mm Manchurian. What a lovely brush. I lathered up with Cashmere (my favourite soap always gets to inaugurate a new brush) and was met with a wall of badger, but in a lovely soft way. It's got backbone, but not excessive amounts, painting and circular motions were both as comfortable as each other, lathered up really well, just a great brush. Different to all of my other brushes so it's a welcome addition and for now, I'm done with brushes. I may consider a trade (of one of my brushes) in the future, but I think purchases are finished!

Used the GEM OCMM with a blade that I'll be changing for my next GEM SE shave, but it still did a great job in two passes, no irritation, no nicks, no weepers. Smooth and feeling good.

Enjoy your day, it's Friday! :D The bottom pic is a post shave of the brush, you can't really see the difference compared to the pre-shave shot!

img_20170202_230035-01-jpeg.7679

img_20170202_232029-01-jpeg.7680

Glad you like your new brush....it's a beauty ! , +1 on the cashmere. :)

Friday :)

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Wright's cold-tar soap and Proraso Pre and Post Shave Cream (green).
Razor - Muhle Rocca R96.
Blade - Astra (green) SP (day 1).
Soap - Cella Crema da Barba Shaving Soap
Brush - Simpsons Duke 2.
Post shave - Cella Aftershave Splash.

Very smooth shave today, enjoyed the Cella soap. Did not have time to apply aloe vera after the shave, went straight to the splash - no sting, skin left feeling smooth and refreshed.

Have a good weekend all,

Chris

Friday :)

Pre-shave - Warm shower, Wright's cold-tar soap and Proraso Pre and Post Shave Cream (green).
Razor - Muhle Rocca R96.
Blade - Astra (green) SP (day 1).
Soap - Cella Crema da Barba Shaving Soap
Brush - Simpsons Duke 2.
Post shave - Cella Aftershave Splash.

Very smooth shave today, enjoyed the Cella soap. Did not have time to apply aloe vera after the shave, went straight to the splash - no sting, skin left feeling smooth and refreshed.

Have a good weekend all,

Chris
+ 1 on the Cella Crema da Barba Shaving Soap & Wright's cold-tar soap .;) They are both great favourites of mine..haven't yet experienced the Cella Aftershave Splash..sounds wonderful. Regards.:)

+ 1 on the Cella Crema da Barba Shaving Soap & Wright's cold-tar soap .;) They are both great favourites of mine..haven't yet experienced the Cella Aftershave Splash..sounds wonderful. Regards.:)
Cheers,

The Cella splash is good, although the Myrsol Plastic Shave (YMMV) for me performs better. If I remember I will try the Cella soap followed up by aloe vera and Myrsol on Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom