S.O.T.D. Saturday 28th January to Friday 3rd Febuary 2017

Colonial + iKon handle, Feather ProGuard (#10)
Simpsons Captain 2 black marble Manchurian
TBS Maca Root
Acca Kappa Cedro after shave
The Art of Shaving Unscented after shave lotion

0SG1K8n.jpg

Morning gents,

Last night's shave was a first for my new brush, the Romera Rustic Chubby 30mm Manchurian. What a lovely brush. I lathered up with Cashmere (my favourite soap always gets to inaugurate a new brush) and was met with a wall of badger, but in a lovely soft way. It's got backbone, but not excessive amounts, painting and circular motions were both as comfortable as each other, lathered up really well, just a great brush. Different to all of my other brushes so it's a welcome addition and for now, I'm done with brushes. I may consider a trade (of one of my brushes) in the future, but I think purchases are finished!

Used the GEM OCMM with a blade that I'll be changing for my next GEM SE shave, but it still did a great job in two passes, no irritation, no nicks, no weepers. Smooth and feeling good.

Enjoy your day, it's Friday! :D The bottom pic is a post shave of the brush, you can't really see the difference compared to the pre-shave shot!

img_20170202_230035-01-jpeg.7679

img_20170202_232029-01-jpeg.7680

That is a beautiful brush.

Prep: Hot shower
Pre: S.M.Novella pre-shave cream
Soap: St. James - Cedarwood & Clarysage
Bowl: Fine Accoutrements
Brush: Vie-Long Horse Hair 13061M
Razor: Rockwell 4S, plate#5
Blade: Sputnik(3)
After: WH, Jovan Musk AS, Village Barber ASB

Today tried plate#5 on the Rockwell 4S and I'd say this plate is most like my ATT R1 for aggressive level. Shave felt slightly less smooth than yesterday's plate#4 and I think less than my ATT R1. The ATT also has the edge in that it's not as bulky so feels more nimble in use.
Managed a painless BBS with no issues. I'll try plate#6 tomorrow just to compare.

Have a great weekend, folks.

a312e6c3-0e92-4f7d-8112-abd927434da9_zpsvfwhnyrl.jpg

SOTD
Pre: Bloom Water
Soap: Shaver Heaven Barbershop
Razor: Gillette Fatboy (5/5/3)
Brush: Semogue 610
Blades: Gillette 7 O'clock Yellow (2)
A/S: Proraso Green
Balm: Myrsol Emulsion
Took the ridiculous moustache off with these products. I hope Shaver Heaven make a return as their soaps are outstanding. The Fatboy made light work of the tache and the Proraso and Myrsol topped it all off! Beautiful!! Have a great weekend.

IMG_4314.JPG

Last edited:
Friday...

Soap - Haslinger Hönig
Brush - Semogue 1470 Boar
Face lather
Razor - Gillette Slim 1967 (6)
Blade - Astra SP #2
Post - Thayer's Rose Petal and Proraso Sandalwood a/s

Smooth as you like this morning (or it may have been my post-Yoga Zen-like state). 3 passes on setting 6 and no need for touch-ups. Finished with the lovely (but not pictured) Proraso Sandalwood for a great post-shave feel.

Weekend's round the corner!
20170203_132203.jpg

Who knew? A trimmed Proline AC injector blade in the MMOC did a fabulous job on the head shave, baby dolphin butt smooth with no weeping but for the jealous dolphins. You might want to have a nurse present if you try this but it worked for me. Likewise the Shovelhead (square tooth) with fresh shimmed GEM did itself proud beardwise. Happy Friday.
aff00f28d72f37400b685469268f8143.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

SOTD
Prep - Hot shower
Brush - RazoRock Plissoft Monster
Cream - Cella Almond
Bowl - Crown King Scuttle
Razor - ATT R2
Blade - Personna Med
Aftersave - DR Botanicals Pomegranate Noir
Cologne - Georgio Armani Code Profumo

Three day growth and first time using the ATT with the R2 baseplate. I found it quite aggressive but a very smooth shave.
Two passes and very good result - near BBS - no nicks and only one very small weeper ! Very happy with the result !
P1060785_zpsrebh1gnw.jpg

Back
Top Bottom